Need A Recipe For Amaretto Filling Asap....

Baking By yelle66 Updated 7 Jul 2008 , 6:38am by Justbeck101

yelle66 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 3:38pm
post #1 of 5

I just took an order from a very good friend for Wednesday and told him I would do my best to find a recipe for Amaretto filling. I am nervous b/c she used to get it from somewhere else in town so I hope mine doesn't suck compared to theirs. Does anyone have a good recipe for Amaretto filling (and maybe an almond cake)?

Thanks so much,

Danielle

4 replies
MsTonyasCakes Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 8:18pm
post #2 of 5

I don't have a specific Amaretto filling recipe, but I just did a wedding cake and the bride wanted an amaretto filling. I searched high and low for a recipe and didn't find one that I liked, so I ended up mixing some Amaretto LorAnn oil in my buttercream to taste and it was wonderful! I didn't write down the ratios, so I'm no help there, sorry.

sadiepix Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 9:22pm
post #3 of 5

I have an amaretto custard recipe, if your cake can be refrigerated.
If not I like the idea of just flavoring the buttercream too.

For almond cake, you can adapt your fave vanilla cake with almond extract, or put a layer of almond paste in with the filling, or under the icing, or add ground almonds to the cake batter along with the flavoring. (That changes the cake texture though, and may not be what you are after, it is just what I like..icon_smile.gif )

I think there are some almond cake recipes here in the recipe section as well.

Sounds yummy!!!

Justbeck101 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 4:48am
post #4 of 5

I use Disarono (sp?) the liquor. I add it instead of water or milk to my buttercream recipe. My husband loves it. It is dark in color so it may change the white of your buttercream but I really didnt notice a difference.
Rebecca

Justbeck101 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 6:38am
post #5 of 5

I found this recipe tonight, thought you might be interested. I have not tried it.
Amaretto Buttercream Frosting

2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
3 tablespoons amaretto

Beat all ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.

Yield: about 2/3 cup

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%