What Do You Wear When Delivering A Cake?

Business By -K8memphis Updated 2 Jul 2008 , 4:17am by golfgirl1227

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 3:10am
post #61 of 62

I order mine from Culinary Classics. They are more expensive but they have high quality items. The best jackets I have come from there. I also order my chef pants from them. They have a WIDE range of styles and colors but as stated above ask for a catalog. Chef Works also makes good products. I would absolutely love to have a Crooked Brook jacket but I know I would ruin it. I don't even need to be near food and it will magically find someway to get on me. I'm a food splatter magnet.

I'm a Culinary Grad and have no issue with someone in the food industry wearing one. They are meant to protect the body while working and they are double sided in the front so if you get messy you can just unbutton and re-button on the opposite side and look clean and presentable.
The jackets are meant to be white to show cleanliness however, the colored ones have really taken off and are picking up in popularity.
If in the food industry wearing one to special events or deliveries is totally acceptable. (I have even had to wear mine to a funeral before for a fellow chefs mother who passed.) A jacket is mainly there to protect you and have you look presentable when necessary so deliveries totally qualifies.
People will look at you differently when you are in one which is a good thing.

When I make deliveries sometimes I wear a chef jacket sometimes I don't. Depends on how much time I have to slap on the war paint (make up) Re-fix my hair which when working with food or being any where near food is pulled back neatly and head out the door.

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 4:17am
post #62 of 62

Ditto on Culinary Classics. Definitely get their catalog. They stick fabric swatches in there sometimes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%