Cookie Bag Ordering-Help!

Baking By Beanie1001 Updated 3 Jul 2008 , 12:39am by JenWhitlock

Beanie1001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beanie1001 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 2:51am
post #1 of 10

I'm so new to this! I have a order for 50 cookies (4 inch cross) and I am having a hard time figuring out what bags to order. I want to put a white ribbon around the top.

9 replies
JenWhitlock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWhitlock Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 11:20am
post #2 of 10

where are you ordering from?
I haven't ordered bags yet... I've gotten some from Michaels (they will hold a 4" cookie) and a bunch from my cake store (who has all different sizes)

Beanie1001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beanie1001 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 1:52pm
post #3 of 10

Probably nashville wraps or papermart. I've heard they have the most selection.

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 3:00am
post #4 of 10

you would want 1/2 to 3/4 inch wider than the cookie, and at least 4 inches at the top for closing and tying a ribbon.

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 3:08am
post #5 of 10

if you have a Hobby Lobby near you that would be the place to go. I make 4 inch cookies and use these bags. They have a gusset and are long enough. I find them in the party section with the goody bags. They are reasonably price and I like them better than Wilton's. Hope this helps.

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 11:03pm
post #6 of 10

I buy mine from Michaels, Hobby Lobby, or the Paper Card Factory. I use the scrapbooking cutter thing, to cut them, I end up cutting them down to six inches. You can gut like 6 - 7 at a time. I know it's a waste, but I get the bags cheap. Then I use scrapbooking paper to make the labels that go accross the top. The need to be 3" long and 5" wide. Again, I use the scrapbooking cutter to cut these, then I use a decorative punch, scrapbooking, to put a desing on them.

Usually before I cut the paper, I will print off "Happy Birthday", a wedding date, or whatever the customer wants.

I have done bridal shower, baby showers, birthdays, or whatever. It let's you tap into your creative side, which I really don't have. icon_lol.gif

JenWhitlock Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 12:28am
post #7 of 10

deetmar...DITTO!

I just updated my webpage to show different packaging options...
http://www.posh-pastries.com/pkg-cookies.htm

I'm too lazy for the punches though, and too cheap - don't have many...

the Micheals bags are a really soft plastic,
and the bags that I get at the cake store are a really "stiff" plastic,
does anyone have any advise about the pros and cons about this?

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 2:12am
post #8 of 10

I buy the punches when they are 40% off, I only have a couple. The soft bags haven't caused me any problems and they are easy to cut. I can up to 8 with the scrapbook cutter thingy.

I love it when they have the scrapbook paper on sale too, I have used it on cake boards, for labels, and now I am going to try it when taking pictures like posted today. I am so excited.

iramirez94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iramirez94 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 10:51pm
post #9 of 10

Jenwhitlock, how do you do it with the ribbon and printed paper seal. Do you staple tjhem? Does it keep the cookies fresh???

i just ordered bags from cello bags.com. I have ordered from nashvillewraps but they seemed to be a little stiff. The ones from cellobags apparently are BOPP? and can be sealed with heat. i am making cookies for my twins jungle party on the 12th of July.

JenWhitlock Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 12:39am
post #10 of 10

yes, I just staple them.
I do fold the bag over SEVERAL times then staple the ribbon or cardstock on top. icon_smile.gif

I assume they stay fresh, they don't seem to stay wrapped for long, LOL!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%