Chocolate Cookie Recipe Needed ...

Baking By catin Updated 30 Jun 2008 , 2:05am by sadiepix

catin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catin Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 1:20am
post #1 of 5

I'm looking for a good recipe for Chocolate Cookies .. that could resemble the ones you find on Ice Cream Sandwiches .

I'm making an Ice Cream cake .. that I would like to cover with the Chocolate Cookies to revent the ice cream from seaping out .. and covering the whole with chocolate candy melts ...

Can anyone help me out .. I searched the site and the web but haven't found a good one yet .

I know you guys are really good help ... So Can I count on yous ?

Thanks

Julie

4 replies
catin Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 1:25am
post #2 of 5

bump ... bump !!!

sadiepix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadiepix Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 1:31am
post #3 of 5

I was chatting this subject with someone over on Serious Eats a couple weeks ago... icon_smile.gif

The 'cookie' part of a store ice cream sammy is actually more like cake. Baked very thin and almost crisp, it them softens up when paired with the ice cream and frozen.

Your best bet is to find a thin chocolate wafer cookie recipe (I have a couple if you are interested) and bkae it thin and crisp. Make up the sammy's and freeze for at least 24 hours before serving, to let the cookies soften.

It won't be quite the same as the store-bought ones, but that is a good thing right? icon_biggrin.gif

catin Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 1:51am
post #4 of 5

Thanks sadiepix,

I totally agree with you the store bought cookies . If you don't mind ...can i get you recipe .. I would like to try it .

Julie

sadiepix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadiepix Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 2:05am
post #5 of 5

No problem, I will PM you in a bit (gotta go dig out the recipe! icon_smile.gif)
Hope it works, or at least is a fun part of your experiment!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%