Bavarian Cream Filling

Decorating By jennym0904 Updated 2 Jul 2008 , 3:09am by mjarvis78

jennym0904 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 1:09am
post #1 of 9

Can anyone tell me how long will a bavarian cream filling last- either in the fridge or in a refridgerated cake.

THANKS again!! icon_smile.gif

8 replies
indydebi Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 1:52am
post #2 of 9

the sleeved stuff will last just short of forever.

jennym0904 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:41am
post #3 of 9

not sure what you mean by "sleeved bavarian cream." I was making my own, but could you explain to me what it is and where I can get it? THANKS! icon_biggrin.gif

cocobean Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:56am
post #4 of 9

indydebi, I just purchased some of the sleeved bavarian cream today for the first time. I haven't opened it or used it but it seems a little runny. Does it ever squish out when you even use a dam? It looks like it could be a problem to me.

indydebi Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:59am
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennym0904

not sure what you mean by "sleeved bavarian cream." I was making my own, but could you explain to me what it is and where I can get it? THANKS! icon_biggrin.gif

Here ya go ... this stuff has great shelf life, too.
http://countrykitchensa.com/catalog/SearchResults.aspx

indydebi Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 2:02am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocobean

indydebi, I just purchased some of the sleeved bavarian cream today for the first time. I haven't opened it or used it but it seems a little runny. Does it ever squish out when you even use a dam? It looks like it could be a problem to me.

The bavarian creme is a little "runnier" than stiff pudding. Remember, with filling, you don't need as much of this stuff, compared to what you might use when regular icing is the filling.

I dont' recall ever having a leak when using any of the fillings. I only fill it halfway up the dam.

cocobean Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 3:00am
post #7 of 9

Thanks indydebi, sounds good. One more question. Could you add something to the bavarian cream to make it thicker if wanted? I mean could it be made yummier if it were thicker and then the thicker wouldn't be runny? Can you tell I like lots of filling? icon_smile.gif

vdrsolo Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 3:02am
post #8 of 9

I'm with indidebi, I used the sleeved filling all the time, it's the second most popular filling of mine (raspberry is first) and does not have to refrigerated.

Make sure you use a good stiff buttercream dam and you will be ok. It actually looks more runnier in the package than it really is.

mjarvis78 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 3:09am
post #9 of 9

You could fold the barvarian cream in some whipped cream or bettercream to make if fluffier.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%