Will This Ruin My Cake???

Decorating By CherylAnn Updated 30 Jun 2008 , 4:10am by waywordz

CherylAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CherylAnn Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 8:17pm
post #1 of 5

I bake a 1/4 sheet lemon/mt.dew cake and as it cools, i'm thinking of trying a filling(which I never do on practice cakes) and I was thinking of this for a filling but wonder if i'm about to ruin my cake... what's your thoughts

1box lemon jello mix
1 8oz. pkg cream cheese
1c. sugar
a bit of whole milk to bring to a desired consistancy...
mix and place between my layers.

Will this work or should I opt for something else...
Just looking for a twist to the usual cake. Any ideas appreciated.

4 replies
Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 8:36pm
post #2 of 5

That's the beauty of it being a practice cake. You get to experiment and see what will work and what won't.

Good Luck. Let us know how it turns out.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 3:57am
post #3 of 5

I'd worry about Jello and sugar--- just too sweet????? How about lemon pudding instead?

brilandken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brilandken Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 4:09am
post #4 of 5

I agree with johnson6ofus jello may be too sweet but on the down side of pudding is it may come out a bit gritty(sp). I had that problem when I was experimenting with a french vanilla bc ,but thats the fun of trying new flavors. I have to say lemon/mt dew cake sounds good. How did you make it?

waywordz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
waywordz Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 4:10am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylAnn

I bake a 1/4 sheet lemon/mt.dew cake and as it cools, i'm thinking of trying a filling(which I never do on practice cakes) and I was thinking of this for a filling but wonder if i'm about to ruin my cake... what's your thoughts

1box lemon jello mix
1 8oz. pkg cream cheese
1c. sugar
a bit of whole milk to bring to a desired consistancy...
mix and place between my layers.

Will this work or should I opt for something else...
Just looking for a twist to the usual cake. Any ideas appreciated.

Question:
Jell-o
Gelatin? Or pudding? I just used almost that same mixture (pudding not gelatin) for the icing on a cake I made the other day. I think the recipe is here on CC. I'm saving it for a birthday coming up. The icing was delicious! But, I ask because I have tried to flavor a cake once with the gelatin powder. I wouldn't suggest it. It didn't work for me. That was one for the trash. UGH! Maybe someone else did it and it came out ok. ?
But, you are making icing not putting it in the cake. For icing you may need to let it bloom in your liquid first. Then heat it just slightly to melt it, then add to the rest of your liquid. ??? I'd like to know how it works out. I love trying new ideas. GL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%