Crunch .. In The Dq Icecream Cakes ??? What Is It?

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 30 Jun 2008 , 4:05pm by Tellis12

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 5:54pm
post #1 of 5

I had one A LONG time ago... didn't really care for it (I am not a icecream fan by no means so no flogging please LMAO I know I am not normal LOL)

The crunch and fudgey stuff that is in them... is that just hot fudge and cookie bits? I notice they dont get soggy...

What is this mystery???

I'd like to do them for a cake order for a woman who loves that stuff.. but didn't want to try it just winging it and ruin the cake..

anybody know?

Thanks icon_smile.gif

4 replies
Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 6:45pm
post #2 of 5

I've made that "crunch" using oreo's crushed up and hot fudge sauce, but honestly, it tastes nothing like the DQ stuff. I'm a big fan of the DQ cakes and wish I new exactly what that crunch was. I hope someone here knows.

onebigdogmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onebigdogmama Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 2:38am
post #3 of 5

The center of the DQ cake is a chocolate crunch cookie with fudge. They can come pre-made or you can make it yourself when you make the cake. At our store, we buy them in pre-made form and they come in 8", 10", Log and Sheet cake (2 halves). There are a couple that we don't use the cookie in. Strawberry Cheese Quake and Pumpkin Pie Blizzard cakes. Or if the customer just doesn't want it. I stays frozen so there is no soggy center.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 11:39am
post #4 of 5

Thank you Christine icon_smile.gif

Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 4:05pm
post #5 of 5

I used to get a DQ cake every year for my birthday and I loved them! I was from a small town and that was the best cake/bakery we had. I think I'm going to ask DH for one this year.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%