Ok--I Need Help!

Decorating By Genny_yummies Updated 29 Jun 2008 , 7:07pm by Omicake

Genny_yummies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Genny_yummies Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 4:46pm
post #1 of 7

So, I'm making a baby carriage cake for my sister's baby shower on 7/5. I had planned on putting the carriage together on a large board, chilling the cake well and then taking it all arranged over to the venue (about 100+ miles away)--Well, I thought I had everything thought through, but I neglected to measure my fridge and the cake won't fit.
Well, now I'm thinking about putting each cake on their own boards and boxing them seprately and then putting it together when I get there. I have a question. Do I put a 10" cake on an 11" board?, the 6" cake on 7" board? Will that leave too much board exposed? Also, can I use that foam mat inside the boxed to prevent the cake from moving around, since the rounds will be a little smaller than the box?--
HELP!

6 replies
mindywith3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindywith3boys Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 5:18pm
post #2 of 7

Yes, you can use the shelf liner. I love that stuff! Why does it need to be refrigerated? It can sit out if it's iced. Does it have some kind of filling that needs to be refrigerated? I would put it all together the day before I left and just leave it out. Is your house air conditioned? Oh, I'm not sure if I understand the design of your cake, but I would used cake boards the same size as your cakes it you are stacking.

HTH

Genny_yummies Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 5:41pm
post #3 of 7

The cake I'm attempting to make is a baby stroller. With the stroller being a 10" round and the wheels being 2-6" round cakes. Although the cakes have no filling that needs to be refrigerated, I will be traveling with this cake for over 100 miles in the FL weather, and would like the cake to be as chilled as possible to prevent a disaster. I also use a syrup on my cakes which makes them very moist, so chilling them is the best way I think of for the cakes to make the trip.

Omicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Omicake Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 5:59pm
post #4 of 7

If I understood right, the cake is a baby carriage which consists of the mentioned 3 cakes that will lay flat in a larger board forming the carriage.
The board on each cake should be the same size as the cake on it so no part of the board will show when the cakes are positioned.The 6 " cakes on 6" boards , etc.
HTH

Genny_yummies Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 6:06pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks Omi,
I guess this would mean I would need to take some supplies with me and do the bottom borders when I arrive at the site, right?

Omicake Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 6:11pm
post #6 of 7

It is advisable to take any supplies that you'll be needing to finish the cake and/or to fix any mishap that could happen during the travel.
HTH

Omicake Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 7:07pm
post #7 of 7

I'm almost sure that everything will be OK as the cakes will be in individual boxes .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%