Cross For Baptism Cake

Decorating By Beanie1001 Updated 30 Jun 2008 , 2:54pm by tracycakes

Beanie1001 Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 4:35pm
post #1 of 5

How would you make one? I was thinking of a fondant one to put on top. How would you make it? How thick, etc?[/code]

4 replies
ibmoser Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 8:30pm
post #2 of 5

Don't know what size you need, but First Impressions has some pretty molds for fondant, gumpaste, or chocolate.

tracycakes Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 12:46am
post #3 of 5

I'm making a groom's cake for a pastor and they want a cross on top. I bought an impression mold from first impressions (CR101) and molded my first impression yesterday. I actually molded 2 pieces and when they are completely dry, I'm going to glue them together. While it was still pliable, I inserted 2 skewers in the bottom in the bottom so that I can insert it into the cake. I'm practicing this now even though the cake isn't for a another month. If it fails, I have plenty of time to make another.

wgoat5 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 12:49am
post #4 of 5

I used a 4 inch cookie cutter icon_smile.gif

works awesome and it was cheap icon_smile.gif

I cut out two pieces of GP (cause it dries quick) and put a skewer inbetween them and glued it together.

tracycakes Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 2:54pm
post #5 of 5

Well, I spent $29 on the impression mold and the wedding is cancelled now. They got married this weekend to get out of the family drama but I'm not making the cake that was planned. She may still have me make a small cake for an open house reception if they have one but it's still up in the air. I like the mold but I wouldn't have bought it except for this cake. Oh well, I'll try to use it some other way now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%