I need to make a full bowl and need to turn 1/2 of it chocolate...
Here are my ??'s
1. What would be the recipe to fill the KA?
2. How do I turn it into chocolate?
3. Do I use the paddle attachment after adding the butter or before?
I hope it's okay that I try to answer? I only do IMBC, but the questions you're asking have the same answers.
1) I've found that a recipe that calls for 2 pounds of the unsalted butter is about the maximum you can do in that size of mixer
2) you can simply add sifted cocoa or melted chocolate. Since you mentioned you're only planning to flavour 1/2 of the batch, I'd estimate about 1/3-1/2 cup of cocoa and if you wanted to add the (semi-cooled!) melted chocolate about 1-2 ounces is plenty for that amount too. I find the more melted chocolate I add, the softer the icing gets...so I only add cocoa in the hot summer months.
3) Since the butter should be at room temp, I find it better to keep the whisk attachment on while I add the butter....BUT, after it is all incorporated evenly, I switch to the paddle and give it about 3-5 minutes on medium speed for a creamy. extra-smooth icing. This trick gets rid of most of the pesky air bubbles and really helps in getting that flawless glass-smooth icing coat.
Thank you so much Antonia ... I didn't want to make it in my 6 Qt. that would of been wayyy to much
So I will use cocoa powder then.. Thanks a bunch