Waffle Cake

Decorating By Stef43 Updated 30 Jun 2008 , 7:09pm by wgoat5

Stef43 Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 3:18pm
post #1 of 5

I am wanting to make a "stacked waffle" cake. Does anyone have some tips for making the waffle look?

Thanks
Stef

4 replies
JoAnnB Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 8:19pm
post #2 of 5

I would bake the cake in a waffle iron. If you have a non-stick waffle iron try cooking the cake batter, the same as the waffle batter. They will be softer, you have to handle them carefully, but it would be the 'real thing'. the worst that can happen is you have to take time to clean the waffl iron. I know you can bake brownie batter in a waffle iron, I can't see why cake wouldn't work.

Stef43 Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 11:25pm
post #3 of 5

well, i have seen just basic cakes decorated, i really dont wanna change how my cakes are baked....just design. thank u for the idea tho

gottabakenow Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 6:21pm
post #4 of 5

another idea... assuming you can cover it in fondant.

bake square cakes... kinda thinnish layers so it looks authentic. then ice in a thick layer of buttercream and cover in fondant. then take a square of something- cut from a cake board or something similar- and press it into the fondant at even intervals to make the waffle pattern. then stack however you want- make sure to use supports.

HTH

wgoat5 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 7:09pm
post #5 of 5

Hun I just wanted to ask if you pm'd any of the people that made these awesome concoctions?

Just pm one of the nice women/men and ask them how they did it icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%