40Th Birthday, Farewell And 10Th Anniversary

Decorating By sjmoral Updated 29 Jun 2008 , 6:20am by nikki72905

sjmoral Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjmoral Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 5:54am
post #1 of 3

My best friend is moving to Texas and is having a farewell party but it's also her 10th wedding anniversary and her husband wants to surprise her with a birthday cake during the farewell party...
How can I integrate all 3 themes into one cake???
Ii will have to feed 90 - 100 people and as for now I was thinking an 8in, 10 in. and a 12 in each one individually decorated but maybe there is a way to do a 3 tierd cake with all 3 themes? Am I complicating myself? I will not charge them for this cake...
She also mentioned one day that raspberry filling is her favorite, any recommended recipes that are good if I do not refrigerate?
Thanks!!!!! I love CC!!!!!

2 replies
Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 6:18am
post #2 of 3

Do each tier to match one theme:

One tier: Texas theme- Lone star, bluebonnets, boots, hats, cowboy stuff! If she's moving to SA (dear God, I hope not) you could incorporate Fiesta and/or the Spurs.

2nd tier: Birthday - not sure how old she is, but work her favorite things into the design. I saw a really cool cake earlier, it had an 80's theme for someone who grew up in the 80's. Maybe you could consider that idea, too?

3rd tier: Anniversary- you could make this the top tier...you know, since the anniversary tier is always the top tier of the wedding cake. You could use her wedding colors, flowers (in gumpaste) etc to decorate this tier.

You can stack these tiers, or do satellite tiers. If you do satellite tiers, then you could incorporate a cool topper for each tier.

I'm tired, so those aren't my best ideas. icon_lol.gif But I HTH anyway!

nikki72905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki72905 Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 6:20am
post #3 of 3

hmmm?

You could do each teir a different "event" but that would be about the same as doing three seprate cakes.

The bottom teir could be the Ferwell ....
Next the tenth anniversary ...
Then her birthday could be on the top all in cordinating colors

However for raspberry fillings.. You could mix raspberrry jam or jelly with buttercream, or use jam or jelly plain.

Or make Raspberry Curd (this is very yummy) It will withstand not being in the refridgerator... for a while.

if you wanted something really well out of the refridgerator, you could get raspberry candy flavoring and flavor a buttercream for the filling.

Good luck, I'm sorry if I was not very helpful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%