Stuck On Melting Chocolate In Decorating Bags, Need Ideas

Decorating By Kaybaby Updated 29 Jun 2008 , 1:39am by Kaybaby

Kaybaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaybaby Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 8:55pm
post #1 of 12

Thank you all for taking the time to read my post. I normally melt the melts (LOL) in the plastic decorating bags, cut the tip and use it straight from there. With what I'm doing, I need more precision and to use tip #3. What do you all do to use melted chocolate with a tip?

Thanks so much,

Vonda

11 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 8:56pm
post #2 of 12

slip bag with melted and end clipped big

into a second bag that has the #3 tip in it.

(sort of like doing icing plugs)

Kaybaby Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 9:00pm
post #3 of 12

Thanks so much for the quick reply. I tried the plug method, but the chocolate starts to harden in the metal tip. Am I doing something wrong?

Vonda

Kaybaby Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 9:00pm
post #4 of 12

Thanks so much for the quick reply. I tried the plug method, but the chocolate starts to harden in the metal tip. Am I doing something wrong?

Vonda

Kaybaby Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 9:01pm
post #5 of 12

Vonda

post #6 of 12

Vonda

post #7 of 12

Vonda

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 9:05pm
post #8 of 12

warm the tip.....

but.....

even then, because metal conducts heat soooo well, will have problems.

many use parchment triangles as can fold to get tiny little hole that will work like a tip.

melt in plastic and then put in parchment

Kaybaby Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 9:06pm
post #9 of 12

Thanks again. I will give the parchment a try.

Vonda

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 9:15pm
post #10 of 12

When working with chocolate I use a heating pad that I have placed a bit of waxed paper on. I melt the candy melts in the bag on top of the heating pad that I have folded over and placed a heavy magazine on top of that to keep the pad compressed against the bag of chocolate. On high, it really doesn't take very long to melt the chocolate and then I keep my bags on the heating pad while working to keep the chocolate flowing.
I hope I explained this okay! If you have ??'s just pm me!

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 12:43am
post #11 of 12

Not sure what you are doing, but when I do my choc. transfers, I use the cellophane that comes on Easter baskets and make a cone from it. Snip a VERY tiny tip off and it works great! You can keep it melted with a towel in the bottom of an electric skillet on warm or the heating pad thing would work great, too.

HTH!

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

Kaybaby Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 1:39am
post #12 of 12

Thank you everyone. I am piping butterflies and was able to use the plastic decorator bags inside of the parchment bags. I microwaved them together.

Sorry about the multiple posts. Not intentional.

Vonda

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%