Please Check My Latest Cake......

Decorating By grama_j Updated 28 Jun 2008 , 9:55pm by grama_j

grama_j Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 7:51pm
post #1 of 6

It won't let me upload my pictures again, so would you look at my web page and let me know what you think..... I wasn't happy with these cakes, and I can't tell you why exactly.... When I delivered them earlier today, I felt like a kid being sent to the Principal's office...... Everyone there said they were pretty, etc. but I made extra sure she signed off on them....... Here we go....

Square center cakes of white almond with buttercream filling,and white icing, and chocolate with whipped chocolate butter cream filling.... side cakes are one round pink champagne with white champange buttercream filling, and carrot with cream cheese filling and icing.... Ribbon bow toppers with " M" mirror monograms match the two tone ribbon boarders.
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2535061650100772665kceZGA

5 replies
briannastreats Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 8:07pm
post #2 of 6

I think it's very pretty... and your green looks like it matches perfectly to the ribbon... I think you did a great job!

chassidyg Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 8:16pm
post #3 of 6

I think they look very nice! I love the whole set up, it looks very elegant.

ANicole Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 8:22pm
post #4 of 6

I think they look really nice. The only thing I noticed is that on the sheet cake, I would have tried to puff up the corners more so that they are more level with the rest of the cake. I usually pipe a blob of BC in between the layers at each corner and it helps keep them propped up to the proper height.

Grama_j, what don't you like about them?

Did you do the scrolls freehand or use a press?

Don't worry - I'm sure they were delighted with them!!! I love green, too. It's my favorite color. And that's a pretty shade of green...

Alice1230 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 8:54pm
post #5 of 6

I think they look great. I do agree about the corners, but that happens with all my cakes too! Thanks for the tip amber! I'll try that next time.

Sometimes I feel the same way you do about some of my cakes. I think the problem is that the cakes I don't like as much are just not "my style"...I mean that its not a design I would have wanted, so I'm just not thrilled about it.

grama_j Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 9:55pm
post #6 of 6

I'm not sure what it is ....... the corners DEFINATELY..... it looked pretty good at home, but by the time I got it there, they were droopy..... I don't think I did a very good job on the scrolls, and I HOTEDE the ribbon border..... I mean, it is everything they ordered....... they even supplied the ribbon to use..... maybe it just wasn't MY taste..... most of the time everyone just tells me to do what ever I want, so maybe that was it....... they had a specific cake they wanted... I don't know....... sighhhhh... I REALLY thought I was going to have to refund some money on it !!
Thanks for the compliments though......

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%