Cookie Photography - My New Idea

Baking By Kim_in_CajunCountry Updated 10 Jul 2008 , 7:57pm by Kim_in_CajunCountry

Children Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Children Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 8:45pm
post #31 of 38

ElectricCook would you mind telling me how you shrink your photos? I have tried and just cannot seem to do it. Thanks

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 8:53pm
post #32 of 38

Great ideas~ Thanks for sharing! icon_biggrin.gif

ElectricCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElectricCook Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 8:54pm
post #33 of 38

I can't say this is my idea.

This is what I got from someone here on CC.

It takes a while to get the right size. You have to play around with it. You will have to save the pics that you shrink.

I just gave it an additional # to the name that was given to the photo. This is so I could load the right one as my avator.

www.shrinkpictures.com

I hope this helps

ElectricCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElectricCook Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 8:55pm
post #34 of 38

sorry double post.

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 10:59pm
post #35 of 38

I went to Michaels yesterday and bought like $26 worth of scrapbooking paper. It was so much fun and I can't wait to start doing pictures like yours. However, you will never see them becasuse I haven't been able to upload to here for like six months or longer. I think it has something to do with my new camera.

Oh well icon_cry.gif

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 4:22am
post #36 of 38

Didn't you just want to buy one of very design!!! It's a good think I don't have credit cards. icon_lol.gif

And I wish there was something I could do to help you with your upload problems. Are you able to get pictures from your camera at all? If so, then we should be able to figure out a solution.

Your hard work and creativity shouldn't go unseen!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 6:35pm
post #37 of 38

Okay I hope you don't mind if I totally borrowed this idea... I went to the store today and bought three huge packs of scrapbook paper in everything from funky to elegant and I got some of the matte finish stencil stuff from the quilting aisle. It seems a bit opaque but it is clear. I'll let you know how it photographs. I'm a big Peggy Porschen fan and I love her photography in her books so this is a great idea on how to achieve that look. Thanks again for sharing!! Will keep you posted! icon_biggrin.gif

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 7:57pm
post #38 of 38

Of course I don't mind; that was my whole point for sharing! I look forward to seeing some of your pics!

My next project will be building a light tent for better light control when photographing my cakes/cupcakes cookies. If I succeed, I'll share that, too! If I don't, I'll pout alone in the corner and no one will be the wiser.

BTW - Have you seen the thread on making your own cupcake wrappers? There's another great use for scrapbook paper!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%