Chocolate Covered Cakes

Decorating By JMarieSweets Updated 29 Jun 2008 , 2:20pm by JMarieSweets

JMarieSweets Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 4:23pm
post #1 of 4

Looking through the gallery and seeing so many beautiful cakes. I get lost in there....

Ok now my question. The cakes covered in chocolate, the ones where it looks like its dripping over the top and sides. How is this done? Is there a certain type of chocolate or a recipe for this effect? I would greatly appreciate any and all help. TIA


3 replies
Valli_War Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 4:40pm
post #2 of 4

If you pour ganache over the cake, you get this effect.

CarolAnn Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 5:07pm
post #3 of 4

It's probably a ganache. There are lots of recipes for ganache out there. The one I use is just heavy whipping cream and chocolate and vanilla or other flavoring to taste. I use Collette Peter's recipe that came with her chocolate bourbon coconut cake recipe. It's easy and wonderful and more liked every time I use it.

JMarieSweets Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 2:20pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you so much. I will give that a try sounds good and I like the way those cakes look. =)

Quote by @%username% on %date%