Please Help Me Make Up My Mind!!

Decorating By Peeg Updated 1 Jul 2008 , 8:35pm by elainec

Peeg Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:37pm
post #1 of 67

I need some input on becoming a Yummy Art member. Do you think it is worth the money? How about the videos? I think I want to join BUT... Please, I need your opinions. Thanks.

66 replies
jenncowin Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:42pm
post #2 of 67

What is Yummy Art? I've never heard of it before.

Peeg Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 9:59pm
post #3 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenncowin

What is Yummy Art? I've never heard of it before.

Yummy Art is a web site that offers videos, cake and cookie supplies. You don't have to be a member to buy things, but if you are a member there is a hugh discount on your purchases.It's a monthly member fee of about $20.00

fat-sissy Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 10:19pm
post #4 of 67

I've never heard of it either. But now I'll check it out. I'm curious th hear what others think.

foxymomma521 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 10:21pm
post #5 of 67

am I the only one that can't find it on google?

itsacake Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 10:29pm
post #6 of 67

I have no idea about this site. Maybe it is the best thing that ever happened to cake decorating, but notice that unless you are seeing something I'm not seeing:

There are no sample videos so we can check it out. Are the videos actually any good? Who made them?

It says they have a staff of decorators but they don't give any names. If they are so fabulous why don't they share who they are?

They stay you can ask any questions, but who knows if they have answers or what their turn around time is. Don't we already do that here for free.?
Will you save $20.00 per month on supplies? It doesn't say what they carry, what brands they sell, or what shipping costs.

Anything that sounds to good to be true, usually is. Seems strange that if this is so terrific, we don't all already know about it.

If you decide to do this. Please post and let us all know. Either they will have a lot of new members or you will find out it wasn't worth it.

Confectionary2 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 10:31pm
post #7 of 67

Could you please post a link? I googled it and got many returns but couldn't tell which was "it".

TIA
Kim

Homemade-Goodies Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 10:40pm
post #8 of 67

Yummy Arts is related to CakesMadeEasy.com. They just launched YummyArts at http://www.yummyarts.com/members/ and have a few videos on YouTube.com under CakesMadeEasy, and also CookiesMadeEasy.

I haven't joined yet myself, but am on a mailing list where I get some of the videos and neat tips. Learned about making a dam for my filling, for example.

KatieKake Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 10:47pm
post #9 of 67

I don't belong to Yummy arts, but I did sign up for something, because I get e-mails from them all the time. Their url is: http://www.yummyarts.com/members/ you should be able to find out what you want to know from that site. If any one decides to join, let us know what you think about it.

Peeg Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 1:35am
post #10 of 67

Thank You, Homemade-goodies and Katiekake. When I posted the question, I couldn't think of CakesMadeEasy to save my sole. Sorry itsacake, I don't think I've completely lost my mind yet, just a senior moment. I do have a few online dvds, that's before they offered a membership. I have learned a lot. I'm still waiting to hear from some members..

Deanna30 Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 6:43am
post #11 of 67

I am a member of yummy arts and it is fantastic,it is so worth the membership fee.Anyone who is interested in cake decorating should join yummy arts.I really can't express how great it is and I am totally addicted to it.You can purchase the videos at discounted rates which are mostly done by the really talented Susan Carberrywww.thecakecottage.netthis is Susans website check it out to see her fabulous cakes. icon_biggrin.gif

Str8up Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 8:19am
post #12 of 67

Hi everyone. I am also a member of Yummy Arts, I have been since day one. icon_biggrin.gif Love it Love it Love it....I had taken the Wilton Classes (all 4) and I can tell you now yes you do learn things there, but nothing like you do with Yummy Arts. The videos are Awesome...step by step. things you never thought you could ever learn you find out you can just following the videos. icon_biggrin.gif Prices can't beat them. Members get discounts, there is a Wednesday newsletter every week and it is a video about coming events and attractions, decorating tips of the week, and drawings for a free video of your choice for the lucky winners (every week) Then there is Freaky Friday where you get additional 10.00 off the already low price. icon_lol.gif The people and members of YA is the greatest, I have made several friends through this we help and encourage each other with ideas, questions. All of the YA staff they ROCK! thumbs_up.gif and all the members the are just awesome. thumbs_up.gif We have so much fun. I would recommend YA to everyone and anyone. There is so much to see and do there examples, chat room , tools tab (mini videos with how to's, gallery, your own personal libary where all your videos are stored. They are always giving us free videos for just because! (Because they are Awesome) We ask for different things to help us and they truely listen. Every week there it seems there is new things added just because we asked for them. I could go on and on. So if anyone has any questions just email me [email protected] I would be more than happy to help you. Join you won't be sorry. icon_wink.gifusaribbon.gif

itsacake Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 8:41am
post #13 of 67

Good to see I was wrong about Yummy Arts, but if they are as good as is being posted, it would be nice to see the website reflect that--a little less mystery, please! icon_smile.gif

chutzpah Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 8:49am
post #14 of 67

I smell some advertising here, Cobber. Interesting that your very first post is a veritable homage to this company.

I agree with itsacake... strange that they don't have more and better info about products, instructors and videos.

Str8up Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 8:55am
post #15 of 67

I come over and read forms etc. but this was something I really knew something about! I just excited when I talk about YA and cake decorating. People was asking questions and no one really knew an answer so i decided to answer. Any Questions?

Homemade-Goodies Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 9:04am
post #16 of 67

chutzpah would have you VP of the company, Cobber, and paying Peeg to ask the question in the first place. She doesn't trust anyone anyhow! LOL

TandTHarrell Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 9:12am
post #17 of 67

Ok I just paid my $20.00 and I'm not impress. This site is not free, once you pay the $20.00 and you find something you like, you will then have to pay another $10.00 - $30.00 for the instruction. On a good note, they did give good information on how to assemble a cupcake bouquet, but they did not give information on adding the buttercream to the cupcake..Thats just my 2 cent. I will continue to looking around, maybe I will change my mind

chutzpah Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 9:33am
post #18 of 67

LOL!!

Hey, I'm just sayin'.....

Str8up Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 9:44am
post #19 of 67

That's funny Homemade.LOL icon_rolleyes.gif Wish I was VP...I 'm just a working girl from Kansas getting ready to move into my new Kitchen and work with a guy here in town that owns 2 restraunts and a reception hall so I can do my cakes and cakes for him.
Everyone has their own opinion, that is another thing I like about YA we don't have people who act like that. We respect each other.

Trent. Sorry your not impressed. icon_sad.gif It does take time to learn about getting around YA, but post a question and the members are always glad to help out. You can also PM Cindy Robertson she is one of the very help staff at answering questions. To PM her find her name in a post and click on her name and then you can leave a message for her. She is the one that does our weekly video newsletter. Look under the tool tabs, gallery, recipes tab. Any questions just email me I will try my best to help.

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but everytime I come to this site my computer starts to bog down and lock up. This the 3rd time I had to log back on. Can anyone help?

TandTHarrell Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 9:52am
post #20 of 67

Ok..They have little short how to's some are ok, and some give very good advice. I really like the advice on the prefect letters , writing on fondant/gumpaste plaque and banners ( Whoever she is, she has very nice handwriting.

I know you guys are reading this. Someone ask and I'm only giving my opinion ..Its to expensive. Why charge for the how to's videos, when you are already paying $20.00 a month.

I apologize for what I'm about to say. I'm truly not trying to belittle no one business, but I WOULD PREFER TO PAY CAKECENTRAL ,more pics and more how to, with out being charge. I saw some cupcakes on your site, were those made by you guys?..
Well thats my feedback to the question, that someone ask...Once again I apologize if I offended you guys, just being honest.

Today is just the 1st day that I browse the site. I will give another update next Sunday, who knows I could be completely wrong....

Str8up Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 10:12am
post #21 of 67

Oh you didn't offend me. I was just trying to help and everyone has their own opinion. Just give it a try and jump in there and post questions. Don't forget Wednesday newsletter. If you go to the store you will see a list of items on left side. Click on one and it will take you to the item and most of them have short video about the video. Also since your a new member I don't know what they are offering new member as far as free videos. You will have to go to your libary and see if any of the video books are in color these are the ones turned on. Everytime you buy one or they give you free videos they will light up in the libary.

TandTHarrell Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 10:14am
post #22 of 67

thanks for th information.. Glad I did not offend you, because I truly was not trying to..

playingwithsugar Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 10:18am
post #23 of 67

Trent, you are absolutely right.

If you dig deeply enough into the CC archives, you can find most of the same information which you are paying for there. Probably the only thing you mentioned, which is not often discussed here, is the writing. Writing on a cake has not been mentioned here for a very long time.

$20 per month is way too much to be a member of anything. And then you've got to pay for the courses on top of that? Nope, not me.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Str8up Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 10:25am
post #24 of 67

Well ladies is it my bedtime. Working evenings/nights really bites. So good night and I hope everyone has a great day. icon_smile.gif

Peeg Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 10:25am
post #25 of 67

OMG!!! I really didn't want to start a cake battle here. Cobber, I too have learned more from YA videos, then any other web sites. But, I have learned from CC, also. The problem with CC is getting on the site=so slow, can't get to the pages, etc. I know they were upgrading and it's free, but so annoying. I'm still not sure about joining YA,but will decide soon. trent, please keep us posted.

TandTHarrell Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 10:42am
post #26 of 67

If they did not charge for the how to video's. I would give them two thumbs up. I requested my money back, because of that. I have watch a couple the free videos in my library; however the good ones you have to pay for....So for that, they lost my business. I plan to donate it to CC instead...

Peeg I agree about CC going down ad moving slow sometime. I'm sure YA does not have nears as many vistiors as CC does, and its just a matter of time before they experience some of CC technical problems .
YA i truly wish you best of luck....

Confectionary2 Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 1:25pm
post #27 of 67

$20.00/month? Wow that's steep! It's a couple of gallons of gas at least LOL. Seriously, I can't see paying that and then pay AGAIN to view things? Naaaaaa.....

Now $10....maybe. My 2cents...

Chris_A Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 3:46pm
post #28 of 67

Like Cobber, I am a member of YA since the beginning she is no the VP and neither am I. I truly love that site and all the members there that offer their assistance.

Trent, I am sorry if you do not like that site, but have you given it a chance? The free videos that we all get are not inferior, they are just as good as the ones we buy icon_smile.gif

We are all entitled to our opinions and this is mine icon_biggrin.gif

Wildrose6633 Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 4:54pm
post #29 of 67

I too am a member of Yummy Arts and I too took my time in becoming a member. And I have not regreted a moment since I did. I have learned so much. They do have many videos that you can buy but you are not pushed to buy them. When you want to they are at a special price.

As for the mention of who are the decorators doing the videos they are just that decorators. If you go to any website for a bakery they do not name their cake decorators. But two of the decorators are regularly on the websites forum and answer questions, both are very talented ladies and are willing to share their wealth of knowledge with everyone. And if you go to the site Yummy Arts .com you can take a tour of the website. If you are interested or have just wondered come and have a look. PLEASE do not judge before you have looked and can make up your own mind.

As for me I love it. I have never belonged to a website that helps as much as they do. And they truly do try and cater to the needs of the members, no idea is too small to overlook. It is a site where the administration is very connected to its members. And the members are connected to one another. It is not just the information but the confidence you get from being a member. I went from frosting cupcakes from a can to making beautiful cakes for anniversaries and parties.

For me all I can say is, it was the best $20 I ever spent. thumbs_up.gif

Wildrose6633

FromScratch Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 5:34pm
post #30 of 67

I looked into that company. I wasn't impressed at how much it all costs. Nice little racket though and I'm sure someone is profitting nicely. It just seemed like a lot of nickle and diming to me. Nice to see how they come over here in hoardes to promote their product too. icon_confused.gif Quite a few first posts being "We Love YA!!!" Yeah thanks.. but no thanks. I'll take slow CC over paying for advice I can get for free.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%