Where Do I Buy.....?

Decorating By hollyw567 Updated 3 Jul 2008 , 9:53am by cakegal

hollyw567 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:16pm
post #1 of 10

Where do you guys buy the pretty, shiny, textured paper you wrap your cake boards with? I am currently just using aluminum foil and/or vinyl tablecloths, but they are not very attractive. I am trying to make my cake presentation look more classy and less "homemade." Thanks in advance for any help. I love this site!

9 replies
jenncowin Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:23pm
post #2 of 10

You can order it at www.countrykitchen.com (they have EXCELLENT customer service!). They have a variety of colors. You may also be able to go to a florist and buy florist foil from them. That's all it is. We buy ours at a wholesale company that sells silk flowers, so if you have a cake decorating supply shop in your area,check with them.

Jayde Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 4:31pm
post #3 of 10

I cover mine with all sorts of things. Royal icing, fondant, scrapbooking paper, wrapping paper, even fabric. The sky is the limit!

foxymomma521 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 4:52pm
post #4 of 10

www.fondant source.com
use code "cakecentral" to take an extra 10% off!
also:
http://www.cakedeco.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_main.html

hollyw567 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 10:55pm
post #5 of 10

Thank you all SOOOO much! Love both websites! Exactly what I was looking for.

marilyn Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 11:23pm
post #6 of 10

www.wrapsmart.com carries florist foil.

butterflywings Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 1:53am
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayde

I cover mine with all sorts of things. Royal icing, fondant, scrapbooking paper, wrapping paper, even fabric. The sky is the limit!

HA! Me too!! (except haven't used fondant yet - kinda 'spensive for a board coverin'! LOL) I LOVE using scrapbook paper or wrapping paper and then I cover that with the press & seal saran wrap... works beee-U-ti-fully.

Petya Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 5:04am
post #8 of 10

I was about to post the same question.
Thanks for the advice, everyone icon_smile.gif

loriemoms Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 9:36am
post #9 of 10

I would be VERY careful if you are using floral foil, as it is NOT FOOD SAFE. Make sure you use foil that is designed to be used with cakes.

I peronsally dont care for any kind of foil as when you cut into the cake, the foil gets cut too. I prefer to use precovered foil drums or cover them with fondant. I hear even contact paper is not food safe...

cakegal Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 9:53am
post #10 of 10

I'm doing a cake this month for my son's wedding and I'm going to icing the cake board I think. Not sure yet if I want to do this, but that's what I want to do.LOL... So many ideas on here, it gets confusing. Just when you think you're set in your plans, you see something else that sparks an interest. But I just love this site.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%