Need Idea On Sheet Cake

Decorating By Molly2 Updated 28 Jun 2008 , 8:37pm by Molly2

Molly2 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:08pm
post #1 of 5

CC Friends I need your help I have been asked to make a cake for a Ribbon cutting ceremony in Aug. I know it will have to be a sheet cake but what can I do to add to it. It will be for a school in a the colors are purple and silver I will put a edible image of the school on the cake what else can I do The mascot is a tiger HELP! I really want this to come out spectacular. I really don't want to make just a sheet cake I really would like to add to it

Thank You in advance

4 replies
jenncowin Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:26pm
post #2 of 5

How about placing the pic of the school off-centered and down a bit (closer to one of the lower corners) and then pipe a tiger over the upper corner to look like he's prowling over the school. You can border the pic in one of the school colors and also use them in the cake border.

Molly2 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:43pm
post #3 of 5

Sounds like a idea this will be a full sheet so I really want to put a lot into it

Thank You

jenncowin Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:46pm
post #4 of 5

And if you want to fill in any blank spaces you may have, go back and pipe some scrolls in the same color as your base icing. I love doing that on sheet cakes. It adds a finishing touch without overdoing it.

Molly2 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 8:37pm
post #5 of 5

Thank You sounds great

Quote by @%username% on %date%