Super Market Cakes?

Decorating By Merry1227 Updated 6 Jul 2008 , 7:24pm by cakegal

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 1:15pm
post #31 of 35

You guys are making my arms and ears hurt from all this banging. That method does work but if you take a butter knife and slice through your cake batter like you were overdoing a marble job but I just go in straight lines back and forth back and forth like dominos falling one right after the other you will remove air bubbles, arms and wrists will be salvaged not to mention jangled nerves spared and you won't wake the baby or the dead. Birds will sing bells will ring.

I love grocery store cakes--shoot me.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 1:30pm
post #32 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry1227

really, I like them. I think its like a pound cake, but not sure. Mine always seem to have a lot of air bubbles. I really wanted to know how to get rid of them. My cake are good but I feel they are just like box cake mix. It's hard to explain what I want. But I know the store cakes are the look I want.

Thanks Merry

Actually I like the taste of cakes from Giant too...I know they don't have any butter in them...I am sure they are brought in frozen from somewhere. I like the cakes from Costco too! Ever have their chocolate cake? Its is very good!!!

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 1:36pm
post #33 of 35

for box mixes, nothing beats WASC!! Although I will have to try the recipe posted here (looks like a LOT of oil) for carving. I always use scratch for carving, as I find the crumb for box mixes, doctored or not, to be too crumbly for carving...

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 1:41pm
post #34 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry1227

really, I like them. I think its like a pound cake, but not sure. Mine always seem to have a lot of air bubbles. I really wanted to know how to get rid of them. My cake are good but I feel they are just like box cake mix. It's hard to explain what I want. But I know the store cakes are the look I want.

Thanks Merry

Actually I like the taste of cakes from Giant too...I know they don't have any butter in them...I am sure they are brought in frozen from somewhere. I like the cakes from Costco too! Ever have their chocolate cake? Its is very good!!!

I had the Costco with a cherry filling--to die for!

cakegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegal Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 7:24pm
post #35 of 35

You should see my pans...LOL.. I bang the poo poo outta them before placing them in the oven too.
I doctor my cake mixes up too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%