Christmas Planning

Decorating By staceyboots Updated 29 Jun 2008 , 12:40pm by staceyboots

staceyboots Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 2:02pm
post #1 of 5

I know that alot of CC'ers are still working on wedding cakes and graduation cakes for the season, but how many of you have started to think of or plan for your Xmas work?

If you haven't started as yet, when do you typically start your planning?

Last year, the gumpaste penguins and Xmas tree ornament cakes were very popular...what do you think will be the hot designs this year?

When do you start to advertise your plans and solicit orders? Last year, being my first year, I was scrambling like a mad hatter and didn't do as well as I anticipated.

One lesson that I learnt from last year's fiasco was "Don't wait until November to start ordering items for Xmas"...I didn't get some of my pans until January.

4 replies
tarheel Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 4:36pm
post #2 of 5

Giving you a bump...I'd like to hear input on this subject also!

cocorum21 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 5:07pm
post #3 of 5

Funny, I just starting thinking of what to do(try to sell) for christmas. Can't wait to see what people come up with this year! (even though it's only june icon_rolleyes.gif )

azureblu Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 9:02pm
post #4 of 5

I do all my ordering in July for Christmas and start making fondant, gum paste, and royal decorations as soon as I get it... I order three times a year on line, then pick up small things if I need them from the local shops.. I start Valentines in November, Easter in January.. so on and so forth... Weddings are a year round thing for me. Seams like I always have something I can do when I can't sleep and a book just won't do.. Azure

staceyboots Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 12:40pm
post #5 of 5

i am thinking that i should have my supplies list ready by September, ordering completed by mid-Oct and decorations started at the start of Nov.

since i am a firm believer in freezing, i can also start baking and freezing in Nov.

do customers come to you with their own designs or do you design your own cakes and offer them for sale?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%