I Need A Little Reassurance!!! 1St Wedding Cake! So Nervous!

Decorating By chrissy410 Updated 29 Jun 2008 , 12:11pm by MessiET

chrissy410 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 8:33am
post #1 of 11

I have worked for seventeen hours straight and finally finished my first wedding cake. It came out better than I could have ever expected!! It is five layers of alternating white chocolate w/wc buttercream filling and coconut w/toasted coconut pineapple filling and it is all done in buttercream. This is my gift to the bride and groom who are lifelong friends. All I have left is delivery and set up.. I'm using the SPS system and I am so nervous about the cake tilting or falling over once I set it up. Of course I am nervous about transporting it as it is about thirty miles away! My biggest nightmare the past few days is setting it up and arriving to a disaster at the reception. Any last minute pointers?

10 replies
CoutureCakeCreations Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 8:51am
post #2 of 11

Relax honey, we have all been there. I remember my first (it was just last year). Just give your self plenty of time so that you can drive slowly and take your time setting up. You will be fine. I can imagine the pressure you feel because it is for your friends. I checked your gallery and you have done a stacked cake before....beautifully (i am assuming this one is stacked) so you will be fine. Let us know how it goes!!

Texas_Rose Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 8:58am
post #3 of 11

I see you're in hotter-than-heck San Antonio too...let the air conditioning run for a while in the car before you bring the cakes out icon_biggrin.gif

spring Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 11:01am
post #4 of 11

Make sure your cake is well chilled. A cold cake transports so much easier.

The cake sounds delicious! I'm sure it will be fabulous. Please let us know how it went. Good luck.

My Blog: www.minetterushing.typepad.com

-K8memphis Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 12:44pm
post #5 of 11

Are you boxing it for the delivery? If not tape newspaper or something on the windows to block the sun from shining on it on the way. One of my first cakes had pink & blue flowers that became white on one side from the sunshine on the way. Had the ombre thing going on--no extra charge icon_lol.gif

I know you'll do great!

yummymummy Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 12:55pm
post #6 of 11

icon_eek.gif Your cake sounds soooo delicious! I'm doing my first wedding cake at the end of July, so I feel your nervousness. Can't wait to see pics! I hope all goes well for you! icon_smile.gif

luelue1971 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 1:04pm
post #7 of 11

I just did my first (big) wedding cake last weekend . I was a nervous wreck too. My largest cake slid a little on the plate in the car so it wasn't centered on the plate.

I of course could see all the flaws but everyone at the wedding was impressed. I have gotten several orders from someone that was there.

I also did the groom's cake for that wedding so they may have been the reason for the orders.

They are both in my pics.

MessiET Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 1:05pm
post #8 of 11

Ditto what CoutureCakeCreations said. Also, you are using the SPS system so, I think you should not have to worry about tilting or falling over.

Looking forward to the finished cake picture!

Dixiegal01 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 1:27pm
post #9 of 11

Good luck chrissy410, I can't wait to see the picture, I know it is beautiful!

chrissy410 Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 4:46am
post #10 of 11

thanks again everyone! My pic is posted on my pictures!! I was pretty happy and everything went really well. Delivery was very tedious but it went well too. I didn't use my 6 inch cake because it was too small for the cake topper but we set it aside for the couple for their anniversary. I got lots of rave reviews!

MessiET Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 12:11pm
post #11 of 11

Your cake is very pretty! Congratulations!

Quote by @%username% on %date%