How Do U Do This??

Decorating By zarinajan Updated 28 Jun 2008 , 10:31pm by zarinajan

zarinajan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zarinajan Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 8:11am
post #1 of 7

does anyone know how to place the soft buttercream icing roses at the side of the cake?? I dont think this cake the decorator using toothpick because the icing looks very soft.how to do this?anyone??
LL

6 replies
marion123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marion123 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 9:22am
post #2 of 7

good Morning, When I do my roses, I put a big glob of buttercream on first and tehn I place the roses on top of the glob of buttercream and then I make some leaves to hide the buttercream..

Hope that helps!

Peeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeg Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 9:53am
post #3 of 7

DITTO, I always have my turntable tilted when I apply the flowers and kind of let each one crust before doing the next. I think the roses are beveled (slanted bottoms), so they aren't sticking straight out the side. Just my opinion.

vrmcc1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vrmcc1 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 12:31pm
post #4 of 7

When you make your roses put a small piece of waxed paper on your rose nail first. slide the paper off and put your rose in the fridge to chill then you can pick them up with your hands and adheare them to the side with a small dab of icing.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 8:01pm
post #5 of 7

Those roses could also be royal icing roses piped on toothpicks.

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 8:22pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrmcc1

When you make your roses put a small piece of waxed paper on your rose nail first. slide the paper off and put your rose in the fridge to chill then you can pick them up with your hands and adheare them to the side with a small dab of icing.

I use a similiar method except I stick them in the freezer just until they firm up, otherwise they will sweat as they thaw out.

zarinajan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zarinajan Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 10:31pm
post #7 of 7

thanx everyone for the info

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%