What Went Wrong??? Please Help!

Decorating By SweetPea0613 Updated 28 Jun 2008 , 7:31pm by SweetPea0613

SweetPea0613 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 5:59am
post #1 of 10

So I made my double batch of MMF like everyone suggested and it's crumbling up and I don't know why

How do I fix it??? I'm adding more powdered sugar and it's still the same, I tried adding water and it got all mushy. It's still very soft and pliable but when i roll it it stick to my rolling pin and when I try to pick it up it falls apart.

Does the coloring have anything to do with it???

I really need to finish these cakes tonite and I dont know what to do... icon_cry.gif

9 replies
raquel1 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 6:04am
post #2 of 10

Try microwaving it for a few seconds and kneading it with WELL greased hands with crisco. Nuking it and adding crisco usually works for this. HTH

OCakes Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 6:05am
post #3 of 10

Congratulations on your marriage! =) Sorry you're having a hard time with it. I am not familiar with MMF, but I think if I reply your message will be "bumped" so people will keep seeing it & hopefully answer. Have you tried searching other forums regarding MMF & how to's? Maybe there will be something there, seems like I see this type of thing quite often & maybe you just need to kneed it more by hand? I really don't know though, sorry!

JanH Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 6:05am
post #4 of 10
cocobean Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 6:07am
post #5 of 10

Yes, really dark colors do effect my mmf. Did you try and make a really dark color? Red and black are the worst!

raquel1 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 6:07am
post #6 of 10

Forgot to tell you, do not add more sugar when it's crumbly, and if you add any water, just "sprinkle" it and then crisco on the hands to handle it so it won't stick to everything. And also grease your rolling pin very well.

SweetPea0613 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 6:10am
post #7 of 10

the coloring isn't dark at all, kelly green and violet, and i left a portion white and its still the same...DH is kneading it now...I was too frustrated and I wanted to cry...lol

Thanks everyone for the tips...I really hope it works

cocobean Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 6:17am
post #8 of 10

SweetPea0613, what recipe are you using? Have you made this one before?

tootie0809 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 2:16pm
post #9 of 10

I had the same problem last weekend. I added a little corn syrup and it softened it right up.

SweetPea0613 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 7:31pm
post #10 of 10

Okay so all your suggestions didn't work...lol

I ended up crying last night and before I went to sleep I kinda figured it out.

The past two times I made this exact MMF I used the grocery store brand marshmallows...THIS time, I had bought the kraft jet puffed marshmallows....

So I think this was the problem, I cant think of anything else it could have been.

Maybe cuz they're jet puffed???? who knows????

But today after work i'll start over....so sad icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%