Cream Cheese Frosting Under Mmf?

Decorating By cassman Updated 3 Jul 2008 , 8:04am by kimmypooh79

cassman Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 5:06am
post #1 of 7

Can I put cream cheese frosting under MMF? Do I need to put it in the fridge? Can I put it in the fridge once the MMF is on the cake? How far in advance should I make the MMF?

This is my first time making MMF so any tips would be great.

6 replies
karateka Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 10:16am
post #2 of 7

you can make the MMF way ahead, wrap it well.

Yes, you can put cream cheese frosting under MMF. I would refrigerate it. You can refrigerate frondant, but it forms condensation once you take it out. So you'll have to let it sit and dry before you deliver. This could be a problem if your decorations have dark colors, because the condensation could cause them to bleed.

Come to think of it....I know Satin Ice can be refrigerated....what about MMF?? Anyone?

cassman Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:58pm
post #3 of 7

It is for my DD's birthday but I have never used MMF before and I want it to be nice.

kimmypooh79 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 7:10pm
post #4 of 7

I made a cake with MMF yesterday and put it in the fridge so I'll let you know how it turns out. I'll be taking it out tonight. I had placed the MMF in a storage container in the fridge for a couple of hours and when I pulled it out it went back to normal once it was room temperature.

myslady Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 7:32pm
post #5 of 7

I made a cake this past weekend with cream cheese icing and mmf. I put the cake in the fridge and it held up fine.

The only thing was that there was condensation on the cake from it being in the fridge, so you may want to wait before decorating it.

I used white to decorate with and had a little color. the color did bleed a little bit, but that was probably from using edible markers.

andromedaslove Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:54am
post #6 of 7

I just made a cake today with cream cheese icing under MMF. I used Earlene's Cream Cheese icing recipe, which doesn't need to be refrigerated. It tastes wonderful.

Here is my cake....

Here is Earlene's Recipe......

kimmypooh79 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 8:04am
post #7 of 7

My very 1st experience with fondant. Making the mmf was easy when I micro'd it ,i stirred it every 30 secs or so until it was melted. I folded the sugar in until it started pulling away from the sides then I greased my hands and kneaded the rest in. I made sure to keep my hands lightly greased when I worked with it.
okay so I put my cake covered in mmf in the fridge for about 24 hours. Choc cake with Choc BC then of course colored mmf. It sat our for about 45 min but the mmf started to sweat immediately. Nothing seemed to bleed but as it sat some of the fondant starting losing it's shape.
It wasn't too bad though. you can see the picture in my photos....a sleeping man in a chair.

Quote by @%username% on %date%