Anyone Know Where I Can Find A 12 Inch Ball Pan?

Decorating By kdaze Updated 29 Jun 2008 , 2:28pm by yzabelle

kdaze Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 2:33am
post #1 of 5

Does anyone know where I can find a 12 inch ball pan? Or the half version? TIA

4 replies
VannaD Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:42am
post #2 of 5

wilton makes a ball pan... i think its 2 halfs each one 6in which together would equal 12 inches. You can get it off their site..

jessieb578 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:53am
post #3 of 5

I know it sounds funny, but I use a pyrex bowl and bake two of them to make a "ball". It works great because I can find much bigger bowl sizes.

kdaze Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 10:50am
post #4 of 5

Thanks for the ideas. I have to do a 12 inch golf ball.

yzabelle Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 2:28pm
post #5 of 5

I also use two mixing bowls, then I carve the "ball" to make it perfectly round. That's my lazy way of doing it! I also did a class once in which we did a big Christmas ball ornament. What we did was stacking a few round cake layers. Then, we carved it from middle to top, at a 45 degrees angle, until it was round, by using a turntable. After, from middle to bottom. It sounds hard to get the round shape, but surprisingly it isn't. Just need a good knife with a wavy edge and a turntable.

Quote by @%username% on %date%