Excuse My Wedding And Anni. Ignorance... Initials..how

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 28 Jun 2008 , 11:54am by southerncake

wgoat5 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 2:14am
post #1 of 12

does it go... I see initials on wedding cakes...

if the names are Mike and Tammy Horton would the initials go M even bigger H then a smaller T?

I am doing a mini anniversary cake and was wondering if this would look right on a anniversary cake ? And is this how you put them? Or would you not even do the initials?

Thanks a million icon_smile.gif

Christi

11 replies
leah_s Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 2:39am
post #2 of 12

A couple's monogram is woman's first name initial, last name initial, man's first name initial.

wgoat5 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 2:43am
post #3 of 12

Thank you LeahS but what about for an anniversary?

southerncake Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:01am
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahs

A couple's monogram is woman's first name initial, last name initial, man's first name initial.

This is the case before and during the wedding. After the wedding, a couple's monogram is husband, last name, wife.

wgoat5 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:04am
post #5 of 12

Thank you icon_smile.gif

KoryAK Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:36am
post #6 of 12

really? I have the same info as Leah, and I got it off some towel monogramming-type sites. Those have nothing to do with weddings.

wgoat5 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:41am
post #7 of 12

Ok... so now I am confused...

Why would you use the brides maiden name on a Anniversary cake?

buttercream_dreams Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 4:03am
post #8 of 12

yeah, why would you use the brides maiden name at all? isnt that kinda past tense? shouldnt it sort of be like, the new "mr. and mrs." like, "omg, omg! i am SOO excited that we have the same last name! can you BELIEVE that I am Mrs. Mclean?!? EEE!" icon_eek.gif
but that IS good to know, you learn a million new things everyday..(on CC that is. icon_lol.gif )

leah_s Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 4:22am
post #9 of 12

Bride's FIRST name, new last name, groom's first name. No maiden name.

wgoat5 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 10:55am
post #10 of 12

Thank you icon_smile.gif

southerncake Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 11:39am
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttercream_dreams

yeah, why would you use the brides maiden name at all? isnt that kinda past tense? shouldnt it sort of be like, the new "mr. and mrs." like, "omg, omg! i am SOO excited that we have the same last name! can you BELIEVE that I am Mrs. Mclean?!? EEE!" icon_eek.gif
but that IS good to know, you learn a million new things everyday..(on CC that is. icon_lol.gif )

The bride's maiden name is never used!

southerncake Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 11:54am
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoryAK

really? I have the same info as Leah, and I got it off some towel monogramming-type sites. Those have nothing to do with weddings.

I have been taught to switch the monogram after the wedding my entire life. When I worked for Hallmark, it was also done there. Maybe it is a tradiational southern thing, but not done other places. Or it may be working it's way out.

Monograms are discussed here
http://www.digital-threads.com/monogram-layout.html

At this site they say you can do it either way depending on what you are putting it on:
http://personalizedgiftsolutions.com/etiquette.php

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%