Girls - ? For You

Lounge By barbaranoel Updated 29 Jun 2008 , 12:22am by mrsdawnwhite

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 2:11am
post #1 of 5

Has anyone on here had the NovaSure or Essure procedure done?

I have looked it up on line, gotten feed back from "strangers" but I guess I want to ask here 'cause I feel like you all would give me an honest answer.

My new doctor is just getting the Essure procedure stuff to start doing them in her office and I would be her first patient for that but she's done bunches of the Nova Sure procedures.

TIA for any help or advice,

Barb

4 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 2:32am
post #2 of 5

I had a regular tubal ligation...and all I can say is, be sure you're really ready to end your fertile years before you have anything permanent done. I was sure, and am sure, that my family was complete...but it's a strange feeling knowing that your fertility is gone. I was pretty sad about it for a while after I had it done.

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 9:29am
post #3 of 5

I know what you mean. I have a 4 and a 10yr old, I don't want anymore - I feel too old to do it again anyways icon_lol.gif

But I still have the "fear" of taking that choice away too - I know these procedures have been around for 5+ years, but I've never heard of them before.

mrswatkins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrswatkins Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 2:47pm
post #4 of 5

ok what you are asking is 2 very different procedures first off. The essure is not for sure as far as I know.
Someone I know is pregnant right now after having the essure over a year ago.
The nova sure is not a form of birth control it is an attempt to fix another issue. I had the novasure and had my tubes tied at the same time.
I don't know what you are doing this for but please think about it carefully as to why you are doing this first off.

mrsdawnwhite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsdawnwhite Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 12:22am
post #5 of 5

I have had the novasure procedure done. Honestly, it is the greatest thing I have ever done. However, I did already have my tubes tied before I had the novasure procedure. I was up and going the next day.. So in my own opinion it's just a wonderful thing.

Dawn

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%