Tell Me About Ganache

Decorating By matwogirls Updated 27 Jun 2008 , 11:54pm by Confectionary2

matwogirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matwogirls Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 11:44pm
post #1 of 2

I was thinking about trying to make a chocolate ganache icing. and in my head I would imagine that it would not be too stable in heat. would it not melt? could someone give me some info on ganache? maybe pics in your cakes so I can see what it looks like or how it is used?

JanH I know you have something up your sleave for me.

Thanks
Janice

1 reply
Confectionary2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Confectionary2 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 11:54pm
post #2 of 2

The butter in this recipe keeps it shiney even after it hardens. I have used recipes without the syrup, however I found it to bitter for my personal taste! Ganache is a thin, shiney, rich type of coating! I put it on my sons cheesecake (for his b'day at his request). I would not want to use this in a "high temperature" situation because the cream would not be stable and would become very sticky. HTH!!

Kim

Chocolate Ganache

1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup heavy cream
6 Tbsp. butter (Not margarine)
2 Tbsp. karo syrup

Heat cream. Add butter and syrup and stir. Stir in chocolate chips and mix until well blended and cream is fully incorporated. Let set, stirring occasionally until it firms up and is a spreadable consistency.
You can put it in the fridge for a little while, but too long and it gets too hard to spread. You can also WHIP it to make a "whipped ganache".

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%