Wedding Cake Question...how Many?

Decorating By PennySue Updated 28 Jun 2008 , 12:15am by LeckieAnne

PennySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PennySue Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 10:20pm
post #1 of 4

My friend and I are doing our second wedding this coming week. There will be 250 guests. The wedding cake will be square,4 tiers: 4,6,8 & 10"
(the 4" will not be eaten.) We figured that using 2x2" slices we would need to make an additional 2-1/4 sheets and 3-1/2 sheets. (those are the size pans we both have) Is this enough, too little, too much?? As we will be shopping for the ingredients, I would so appreciate it if anyone can help us out on this. It sounds like sooooo much but that was what we came up with.
Again...
6"
8"
10"
1/4 sheets x 2
1/2 sheets x 3
Thank you so much for helping!

3 replies
PennySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PennySue Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 11:02pm
post #2 of 4

Anyone!?

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 11:07pm
post #3 of 4

I dont know the exact servings but I know that if you go to the wilton web site they have a serving guide. I hope this helps.

LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 12:15am
post #4 of 4

Wilton's chart show this...

6" square = 18 servings
8" square = 32 servings
10" square = 50 servings 100 Total servings

This is for a 4 inch tall cake, cut at 1" x 2" - which is a plenty big slice of cake. If your cake is not 4" tall - you'll need to adjust.

I'm not sure about the side cakes. I did one recently where I had to make an extra 6 and 8 inch stacked cake that sat on either side (decorated similarly, but not as extravagantly) to get enough servings for them without doing sheet cakes. Main cake was pillared.

Hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%