Help! My Hot Pink Bc Is Bitter!

Baking By yummymummy Updated 28 Jun 2008 , 5:11pm by yummymummy

yummymummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummy Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 8:11pm
post #1 of 10

I'm making a grad cake for my neice and she wanted hot pink frosting. Well, of course I had to add quite a bit of color to get what she wants and now my bc has a bitter after taste. icon_razz.gificon_mad.gif Is there anything I can do to correct this? I refuse to serve a cake that doesn't taste good!

Thanks for any and all help! icon_smile.gif

9 replies
yummymummy Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 8:23pm
post #2 of 10

bump

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 8:44pm
post #3 of 10

I have the same problem-with any brand of hot pink but nobody seems to complain. I try it and think it's horrible, but if it's on the cake it isn't as noticeable. I would love a solution!

yummymummy Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 8:49pm
post #4 of 10

I was thinking of maybe making a new batch and trying a wee bit of Americolor super red. Anyone ever try this?

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 8:50pm
post #5 of 10

I made hot pink bc with Americolor's hot pink and a little bit of Wilton red-red and Wilton pink. It wasn't bitter. The pic is in my gallery, so you can see if that's the same color you're going for.

yummymummy Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 10:14pm
post #6 of 10

Thanks! I had some cake scraps left and I tried some w/ the frosting and it's not as noticeable. I'm so sick of remaking everything! It seems like lately all I do is re bake things and make more bc than I can even say. It's too expensive and down right frustrating. icon_mad.gif

Ugghh, sorry for the mini vent! I'm having a bad day! icon_rolleyes.gificon_sad.gif

mgdqueen Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 11:39am
post #7 of 10

We all have those days sometimes. Sometimes we have entire WEEKS that are bad! icon_rolleyes.gif Just take a deep breath, decide if you can fix what needs fixing and do it one step at a time. You might create your biggest masterpiece yet!

yummymummy Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 12:47pm
post #8 of 10

yup, I finished it and it really came out nice. Allthough....you wouldn't believe it but I needed to make more frosting and when I went to grab my crisco out of the pantry, I was all out! ughhh...it was too late to go to the store, so I took the lavender bc I had in the freezer from my last project and lightened it, then I added a pink to it and a bit of super red. It's not what I would call hot pink, but it had to do. My neice loves pink, so I'm sure she'll be fine w/ it. Here's the link to my pic:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1237748.html

It was my first time frosting a square cake too!

mgdqueen Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:14pm
post #9 of 10

You did a great job! The cake is beautiful and your corners are perfect! I sure wouldn't know it was your first square! Great save on changing the color too. It looks very nice. thumbs_up.gif

yummymummy Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 5:11pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%