How Many Servings For This Cake?

Decorating By mariak Updated 28 Jun 2008 , 1:34am by caincakemaker

mariak Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 6:50pm
post #1 of 6

I normally don't have this problem but I am making a bridal shower cake and I am thinking the cake might be too small. I will have the wonder mold doll on top of a two layer ten inch. The cake needs to feed 40. According to my chart it is right but the cake looks a little small. What do you think?

5 replies
ccr03 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 6:57pm
post #2 of 6

According to Earlene, a 10" feeds 30 and Wilton says 38.

Did you already make it? b/c this is kind-of what it'll look like.

mariak Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 7:02pm
post #3 of 6

I try not to go by Wilton because I think they make the pieces too small. I was thinking the ten inch would be around 30 servings and the wonder mold cake would be about 15. I don't know why I am second guessing myself on everything with this cake. I don'y usually do this.

ccr03 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 8:14pm
post #4 of 6

yEAH, i know what you mean. I don't like Wilton servings either. I go by Earlene's.

I think you'll be fine.

butterflywings Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 10:07pm
post #5 of 6

i think it might be an optical illusion seeing the wondermold on top of the 10".. a 10" round is a pretty freakin' big cake... and i promise you, there will be some (maybe several) who won't eat cake, even if it is the only thing being served.. i think you're fine.. even with earlene's chart (10" - 30 servings), the wondermold is going to provide at least 10 (and that's some HUGE slices) so you should be more than ok with the servings

caincakemaker Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 1:34am
post #6 of 6

Just think about how many cake mixes you used (if you use cake mixes). When I get nervous about it I think to myself wow I use 5 cake mixes, really this must be enough cake.

I think you will be fine. Post a pic!

Quote by @%username% on %date%