How Many Servings For This Cake?

Decorating By mariak Updated 28 Jun 2008 , 1:34am by caincakemaker

mariak  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariak Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 6:50pm
post #1 of 6

I normally don't have this problem but I am making a bridal shower cake and I am thinking the cake might be too small. I will have the wonder mold doll on top of a two layer ten inch. The cake needs to feed 40. According to my chart it is right but the cake looks a little small. What do you think?

5 replies
 ccr03  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 6:57pm
post #2 of 6

According to Earlene, a 10" feeds 30 and Wilton says 38.

Did you already make it? b/c this is kind-of what it'll look like.

http://geocities.com/kreacioneskity/images/purpledoll.jpg

mariak  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariak Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 7:02pm
post #3 of 6

I try not to go by Wilton because I think they make the pieces too small. I was thinking the ten inch would be around 30 servings and the wonder mold cake would be about 15. I don't know why I am second guessing myself on everything with this cake. I don'y usually do this.

ccr03  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 8:14pm
post #4 of 6

yEAH, i know what you mean. I don't like Wilton servings either. I go by Earlene's.

I think you'll be fine.

butterflywings  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 10:07pm
post #5 of 6

i think it might be an optical illusion seeing the wondermold on top of the 10".. a 10" round is a pretty freakin' big cake... and i promise you, there will be some (maybe several) who won't eat cake, even if it is the only thing being served.. i think you're fine.. even with earlene's chart (10" - 30 servings), the wondermold is going to provide at least 10 (and that's some HUGE slices) so you should be more than ok with the servings

caincakemaker  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caincakemaker Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 1:34am
post #6 of 6

Just think about how many cake mixes you used (if you use cake mixes). When I get nervous about it I think to myself wow I use 5 cake mixes, really this must be enough cake.

I think you will be fine. Post a pic!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%