Covering A 12"?

Decorating By Momof-4 Updated 28 Jun 2008 , 3:54am by kimberlina25

Momof-4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof-4 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 5:59pm
post #1 of 6

So I have been fighting with this 12" circle cake trying to get the MMF large enough to fit over it.I figure it needs to be at least 20" due to it being 4" high.Please tell me there is a easier way to get that cake covered.I can't get it in a perfect circle and 20".

Please help icon_cry.gif

Jamie

5 replies
Momof-4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof-4 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 6:18pm
post #2 of 6

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

I did it! I can't believe how emotional this is.LOL Now if I can get the few little cracked spots fixed.

Jamie

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 6:21pm
post #3 of 6

I would roll it to no less than 25" (not what you want to hear I'm sure) but it doesn't need to be in a perfect circle.

And just roll, roll, and roll!

Also, you can use your finger and just go around in circles VERY lightly. It will take time but you will eventually get them filled.

Merry1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Merry1227 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 6:32pm
post #4 of 6

I glad you got it!!

I had to do a 10" I ended up riping due to rolling to thin. The cake was to have a lot of flowers so I just placed them over the cracks. If they fell off I blamed the crack in the fondant on the flower.

Merry

lmn4881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lmn4881 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 6:38pm
post #5 of 6

How do you fix the cracks? I'm trying to sdo this right nw on a wedding cake? icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
I made the bottom tier last night and got it covered and not when I went to put the middle tier on the bottom one cracked. I have to do it in stages because I have 3 torn discs in my back and I have to take frequent breaks. Please help!

kimberlina25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimberlina25 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:54am
post #6 of 6

i had a 12 last week (my first one ) and i just rolled it out to about 17 or 18 inches, i find that if i make it too big, it is hard to work with, i end up stretching and tearing the fondant. so i usually roll it a couple inches bigger than what i need, place it on the cake, and immediately cut off the access, then i get to working on it, it is so much easier! just a thought.... thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%