Pricing Help

Business By Jenn2179 Updated 27 Jun 2008 , 9:52pm by Eguie

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 5:07pm
post #1 of 7

So I am pretty good at pricing wedding cakes. I start at 2.50 for buttercream. I had a bride request a price quote for this cake.
ImageThere are about a million of those little fondant flowers. If she does get this cake I don't want to undercharge myself. So what would you charge? IndyDebi would this qualify for an upcharge for you?

6 replies
akgirl10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 6:46pm
post #2 of 7

I don't have a business, so I'm really no help, but whatever you charge, it better be more than 2.50 a serving! Plus you have to make that topper, which could be pretty time consuming.

I agree with a lot of people when they include basic design elements into the price. To me, the row of big flowers on each tier would be included, and I would charge for the rest of the flowers. I wonder of you can order them anywhere?
It's a very pretty cake though!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 7:03pm
post #3 of 7

Hmm, hard to say.

dawncr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawncr Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 8:24pm
post #4 of 7

Wow, K8, both those cakes are gorgeous.

However, I prefer the one with the piped flowers (wouldn't have thought that before I saw the pics). It seems a little more delicate, because one can pipe tiny buds.

Also, I think the first one looks a little more like what the bride is wanting. If you have to, maybe a combination, but I'd show the bride an example and give her the price differences with just BC/piping vs. BC and fondant/GP flowers.

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 8:46pm
post #5 of 7

I have another cake to price because I told her this one would be very expensive so she does have a back-up. I personally don't like the buttercream piped on and I am not sure that is what she is looking for.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 9:38pm
post #6 of 7

duplicate

Eguie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eguie Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 9:52pm
post #7 of 7

Definitly you are going to spend a lot of time making flowers. You should charge no less than 3.25

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%