Decorated Cookies

Decorating By Dana8 Updated 28 Jun 2008 , 3:31am by jukesbox

Dana8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dana8 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:59pm
post #1 of 6

Hi Guys, I am really new to CC and i just love all the ideas I have gotten from this wonderful site. I am making fancy decorated cookies for my sisters 40th birthday in september.They are going to be the take home treats after the dinner. My sister bought a number 40 cookie cutter that should arrive to me very soon. That way I can experiment with it before september and really perfect it. I want to cove the cookie with fondant, how do I stick it on, with buttercream or royal icing? Does it matter. Also I would like to wrap them up really pretty, any ideas would help!!! Any pictures would help too. Thanks everyone, this really is a GREAT SITE!!! Thanks, Dana

5 replies
PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 4:10pm
post #2 of 6

use a VERY thin coat of buttercream to stick the fondant on.

wtare Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wtare Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 4:13pm
post #3 of 6

Hi Dana8,

I always use piping gel to stick either fondant or rolled buttecream to my cookies. Works great.

As far as the package, I normally just make put them in a "treat" bag with a coordinated ribbon to tie it closed.

You didn't mention what kind of recipe you are using for the cookies but I would highly recommend NFSC (Never fail sugar cookies). This is great for cutout cookies and can be found here in the recipe section.

Good Luck!

SCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SCS Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 4:17pm
post #4 of 6

I dab a tiny amount of corn syrup on the cookie to stick the fondant to.

I tend to use cookie bags tied with ribbon for decorative purposes.

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 10:22pm
post #5 of 6

i topped cookies with mmf right out of the oven and didn't apply anything to the cookie first. i think the mmf just stuck due to the heat.

jukesbox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jukesbox Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:31am
post #6 of 6

I use Satin Ice on my cookies. I cut out the fondant, then the cookies. Put the cookies in the oven to bake and as soon as they come out of the oven, I put the fondant on top. It sticks with the heat. That is probably the easiest way (IMO) to cover cookies. Sometimes I use food markers to decorate and sometimes I airbrush them. Of course, you can always use RI.

Have fun!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%