Help With Pricing Please!

Decorating By mommycakediva Updated 27 Jun 2008 , 6:06pm by -K8memphis

mommycakediva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommycakediva Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:37pm
post #1 of 2

Just wondering what a fair price is for a 4 stacked round cake. The cakes sizes are 14, 12,10,8, it will be fondant covered and have a cherry tree and blossoms done in gumpaste on the sides! The cake board will also be covered in fondant with ribbon on edge to match flower color. I am having trouble trying to come uop with a price so I thought you guys would be able to give me some ideas, Thanks
Rochelle

1 reply
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 6:06pm
post #2 of 2

$4 to $5 a serving plus add on ten bucks for the extra fondant on cake board and either go $4/per and add on about $50 for tree and flowers or go $5 a serving. Which I like $5 a serving better 'cause it's more. Or go $5 in the first place and tack on for the tree. I mean there's a thousand varibles not to mention the exchange rate between my neighborhood and your Canadian neighborhood.

We are not in a high cost of living area. I would be very comfy doing that for $5 $6 a servings depending on the extravagance of the tree. I could do one for $4 a serving and be comfy with it because I'd pipe the tree and slap on the flowers easy peasy.

And all that to say I recommend using candy clay, aka modeling chocolate for the tree. Maybe wrap it around some red licorice or something. I mean that's where I would start with it. Maybe switch to gumpaste but prolly not--maybe make a combo of the two.

Charge for delivery.

Tree cake thoughts pour vous.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%