How Do I Stack 4 Tiers?

Decorating By notjustcake Updated 27 Jun 2008 , 6:32pm by becklynn

notjustcake Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:33pm
post #1 of 6

I have by far my latgest cake to make. I have to stack 12",10",8" & 6" cakes. The biggest I have done is 10",8"& 6" and I stacked them using the Wilton dowels but I don't think they are long enough for these dowels. What do u use for larger cake. I will stack the cake on location.
thanks

5 replies
vdrsolo Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:41pm
post #2 of 6

I only use Bakery Craft SPS, just do a search on "SPS" and you will find tons of threads and places to purchase it.

I do all my stacked cakes with this system, no need to cut dowels, and no need to drive a center dowel down the middle of the cake.

I deliver up to 3 tiers stacked, mostly because adding any more tiers gets too heavy for my husband to carry for a long distance. If I have a 4 tier cake, I just add that on location.

sugarshack Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 4:03pm
post #3 of 6

I use bubble tea straws and take all of them stcaked with no problems.

mcdonald Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 4:03pm
post #4 of 6

for immediate help, I use Asian bubble straws. You can get them at any asian market. Hopefully you have one around you close. The bubble straws are larger looking drinking straws but they are really really sturdy. They are wonderful to use, easy to cut (snip, snip) and very sturdy. More and more people are using them. I saw them being used on Ace of Cakes the other night. One draw back.. they are usually bright colors which aren't condusive to a wedding cake!!! But.. oh well. And, you can get a bag of these for $1.00!!! If you don't have an Asian market around, you might try a specialty grocery store.. like central market or something similar..

notjustcake Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 5:19pm
post #5 of 6

wow thanks for all the replies I will look into those!

becklynn Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 6:32pm
post #6 of 6

If you do a lot of stacked cakes, I highly recommend buying sugarshack's Successful Stacking DVD. It's great! So are are her other 2 DVD's
Well worth the investment! Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%