Decorating By mimi2004 Updated 27 Jun 2008 , 7:46pm by mimi2004

mimi2004 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:09pm
post #1 of 5

HI Everyone,
I am kinda new to this site and have been tremendously enlighted on alot of questions I have had by just reading.
My question is, and this probably sounds dumb, how do you air brush? Is it in a can like spray paint or is it mechanical thing you buy??
I am just learning all these tricks and some of the abbreviations I'm not real sure what they mean.
Any advice is greatly appreciated..

4 replies
buttercream_dreams Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 4:47pm
post #2 of 5

i personally could never be bothered with those can sprays that wilton put out or the like..i found it too unprecise and then consequently the results unprofessional.
you can buy an airbrush and compressor and then food safe airbrush colors through many websites.
once you play around with it a bit, and depending on wether you have a single or dual action gun, its usually pretty easy to get the hang of..alot less intimidating than it would seem atleast.

most grocery stores use airbrushing on their cakes, its a faster and easier way to color the icing without having to mix a million colors and have a million piping bags, maybe if you havent ever seen it or are interested. you could go into your local grocery store and ask to watch them airbrush a cake. i'm sure they wouldnt mind, and then you could see.

mimi2004 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 4:56pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks buttercream! Where can I get the air brush system??

bostonterrierlady Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 7:19pm
post #4 of 5

Go to The airmaster is the best.

mimi2004 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 7:46pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks a bunch! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%