Oh No! Now What Will Happen?!

Decorating By Karabear1125 Updated 27 Jun 2008 , 4:45pm by Karabear1125

Karabear1125 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karabear1125 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:28pm
post #1 of 9

I'm not sure if this is a disaster yet but I'm not sure where else it would fall under.. Anyways I'm baking a strawberry cake; add the ingredients in the mixing bow and I don't know how I read the box wrong but I put in 1 cup of oil instead of 2/3 (using 2 box mixes so I doubled it)

Is this going to be OK? has anyone done anything like this or have any thoughts? Will it screw the taste up? This sucks lol

Thanks !

8 replies
Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:36pm
post #2 of 9

Not sure but just cut a little plug out after it cools and taste it.

lilica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilica Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:46pm
post #3 of 9

Well, I always put 1/2 of oil to each box... even if it calls for less oil. I always get a very moist cake and love it... If i plan to carve it in some way, I make sure to freeze the cake a couple of hours.

So if your are baking 2 mixes, I think you'll be fine.

mcelromi1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcelromi1 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:00pm
post #4 of 9

It's only 1/3 cup more oil. You should be fine.
When I do a butter cake I awlays add extra butter for a moister cake and never have a problem. icon_biggrin.gif

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:02pm
post #5 of 9

It will make it just a bit moister. I also add a touch extra oil. It won't change the tastes or consistency since it wasn't a huge amount extra.

luelue1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luelue1971 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:23pm
post #6 of 9

Ha ha ha. I am also baking a strawberry cake this morning and did the EXACT same thing. Mine was butter so I just scoopped a little out.

So funny...Are you blonde too!?!?!?!?

becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:24pm
post #7 of 9

you will definately be fine!!!! i would agree with lilica if you are going to carve make sure to freeze it for a while!!! good luck!!!!!!

Aliwis000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aliwis000 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:40pm
post #8 of 9

Those box cakes are resilient little beasts lol Thats why I love them so much. I cant tell you all the things I have done to them, and have never had one turn out bad.icon_smile.gif

Karabear1125 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karabear1125 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 4:45pm
post #9 of 9

You guys are the best!! Thanks soo much! I am happy to report that everything came out A-OK! thumbs_up.gif I would have hated to bake another batch.

luelue1971 - hahah that's soo funny we did the same thing, at least yours was easier to take out! I admit I am a blonde to haha

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%