Which Cake For Which Filling And Frosting???

Decorating By dreamcometrue Updated 28 Jun 2008 , 4:45pm by Jayde

dreamcometrue Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:19pm
post #1 of 4

I am new to doing all the baking...I am trying to figure out how to know which cake goes the best with which fillinf...and should you always use buttercream???

3 replies
kidscakelady Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:32pm
post #2 of 4

Welcome to CC!!

My most often ordered cake combos are WASC (white almond sour cream) cake with vanilla buttercream icing and raspberry filling.

Triple Chocolate Fudge cake with triple chocolate fudge icing and chocolate mouse filling (this is only ofr the serious chocoholic)

Carrot cake with cream cheese icing- use the icing for the filling

Triple Chocolate fudge cake- coconut macaroon filling- chocolate icing topped with shredded almonds

Everyone loves my triple chocolate fudge cake and they have asked for other fillings: oreo cookie, peanut buter and jelly, nutella spread, raspberry and strawberry filling

Just a few combos to think about. I only do butttercream icing- don't like fondont- never have and have tried them all- MMF tastes okay but I much rather work with buttercream.

Hope this helps- use your imagination and the sky'ss the limit- my family loves when I try something new- it's the only time they get to have cake- when they are the guinea pigs- haha

ladyonzlake Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:49pm
post #3 of 4

If you look at my menu on my website you'll see some of my combo's.

Jayde Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 4:45pm
post #4 of 4

I have a ton of them as well. These are my most popular 'specialty' flavors.

Peaches and Cream Cake
French vanilla cake filled with a peach cream, or a whipped cream icing and peaches.

Black Forest Cake
Dark chocolate cake spiked with Kirsch, filled with cherries and a dark chocolate ganache.

Chocolate Orange Truffle Cake
Rich chocolate cake spiked with Grand Marnier and filled with a dark chocolate ganache.

Pumpkin Spice Cake
Filled with cream cheese icing. Tastes just like the muffin!

Peanut Butter Cup
Fudgy chocolate cake filled with a silky peanut butter icing

Chocolate Hazelnut Crunch
Chocolate cake filled with the popular Nutella, sprinkled with chopped hazelnuts for a crunchy texture

Cappuccino Crunch
Mocha flavored cake filled with chocolate cappuccino mousse, sprinkled with crushed chocolate covered espresso beans for an extra crunch.

Cinnamon Bun
Fluffy vanilla cake swirled with cinnamon, brown sugar, and pecans, filled with a light cream cheese icing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%