Satin Ice And Hot Humid Weather

Decorating By Trance Updated 28 Jun 2008 , 2:33pm by butterflywings

Trance Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 11:11am
post #1 of 5

Hi-
I'm doing a 3 tiered stacked cake for a big birthday party tomorrow and the weather is calling for 89 degress and Very humid. It's going to feel like 94 they are saying. My question the cake is being covered in Satin Ice...will it hold up OK?
I also make chocolate covered marshmallows on a stick...I see these babies melting as soon as they get outside! icon_cry.gif
It figures it has to be unseasonably HOT here in this part of PA tomorrow!!
I had outside events!!!! thumbsdown.gif
Thanks,
Trance

4 replies
wgoat5 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 1:12pm
post #2 of 5

SI is awesome!!! I had more problems when I did MMF then I ever did with SI and I had MMF down to a science LOL

You won't have a problem... just remember if it does get a little sticky after you put it on the cake not to touch it... just set a small fan near by and let it blow on it

Trance Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 10:26pm
post #3 of 5

Whew!! Thanks I feel better now. Now, do you have any ideas to redirect any rain or thunderstorms that may head this way?? icon_lol.gif

Thanks!!

wgoat5 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 10:53pm
post #4 of 5

LOL yeah send um our way icon_smile.gif

butterflywings Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 2:33pm
post #5 of 5

the SI covered cake will hold up great. don't put too thick of a crumb coat of bc on underneath it and no perishable fillings and you'll be just dandy.

... the chocolate covered marshmellows on the other hand... hhmmm how about you send those down this away along with the rain icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%