Embossed Fondant

Decorating By caincakemaker Updated 27 Jun 2008 , 8:15am by waywordz

caincakemaker Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 7:44am
post #1 of 2

Ok, so what is the best way to accomplish this task? I could not find an impression mat or embossed roller with the pattern my bride wanted. I bought various cutters and molds to use. My problem is this: put the impression on the fondant before putting it on the cake or pressing the impression in after? I have tried both and so far found that when I put the impression in first then cover the cake I like the way it looks, but it tears very easily. If I make it thick enough to not tear, the fondant is heavy and gets that "I'm about to tear" look on the edges. If anyone has suggestions I would love to hear them.

Why is it that the cakes that seem like they will be easy turn out more difficult!?
LL

1 reply
waywordz Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 8:15am
post #2 of 2

This looks like a cake done using the Marion Frost "impressers" They are black plastic pieces that you use for fondant and gumpaste. The pattern looks too random to be a mat. Also you can see gaps in the pattern, looks like they missed some when they were impressing. I've done that (missed) using my roller. But, I have a several of MF books, and that looks like one of the leaf patterns but, I'm can't be sure.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%