Since Finding This Site...

Decorating By lanakb Updated 27 Jun 2008 , 12:07pm by gottabakenow

lanakb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanakb Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 5:42am
post #1 of 6

Since finding this site I have been dreaming about decorating cakes...haha

I am yet to even make my first and I have been dreaming about how I am going to do this, I lay in bed with my imaginary pen and paper and draw my design and then go about decorating the cake in my dream.

I have set a day - Sunday - to make my first cake. icon_biggrin.gif Once I have I will post photo no matter how it turns out! Since I am on a healthly lifestyle change (nicer way to put dieting) I will be making my husband taste test and the end product will be donated to my local Womens Wellness Centre - lets hope they like cake!

I will say I may cheat and use packet cake mix. icon_eek.gif But I promise in my adventures on the weekend to make a cake from scratch. icon_wink.gif

I can not wait untill we fly into the city so I can hit all the shops! We only have a couple of supermarkets here and they have nothing in the way of good supplies. So I will be wingin' alot on sunday.

I look forward to gaining as much knowledge as possible while I am here and will enjoy learning from you all!

thumbs_up.gif

5 replies
dabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dabear Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 5:50am
post #2 of 6

Welcome! Let the addiction begin..... you'll never be the same again! icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif I can't wait to see your first cake!

Charmaine49 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmaine49 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 5:59am
post #3 of 6

Welcome to a wonderful site, where I am sure you will learn something new
every time you log on.
I have learnt a wealth of information since joining this site and everyone is so eager to help/give advice when needed.
Good luck with your first cake, waiting to see the end result!

OCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OCakes Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 5:59am
post #4 of 6

"Addiction" is right... and I'm supposed to be decorating a wedding cake right now - ha ha! It's nice to take a break from a cake, and go talk cake, see cake, think of new cakes to bake! =)
Good luck with your shopping & your baking! I just wanted to say that the decorating is the best part for me. I use packaged mix, as well as scratch recipes. I'm not sure how many like "both", but I am one of them! =) I also have the book "The Cake Doctor" to use with packaged mix. I can't wait to see your first cake, how exciting! Here's a picture of my first "creative" cake... it was supposed to be my dad's head, ha ha! I've come a long way if you look at my photo's, lol.... (Note: Do not put a Jordan Almond under the nose to give it shape... you can do it with frosting, and the neighbor won't almost chip a tooth on it, ha ha!!)
LL

ladij153 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladij153 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 5:59am
post #5 of 6

Welcome lanakb!! It's true, you will become addicted to this site! There is a wealth of information and everyone is so willing to share their knowledge.

Happy cakin' !

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 12:07pm
post #6 of 6

welcome! wow, got addicted so fast... watch out! icon_wink.gif Don't worry about using mixes, over here it's about half and half with scratch bakers and mix bakers. whatever works so you can decorate something, and as long as it tastes good! icon_biggrin.gif

can't wait to see your cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%