Scrolls Help Please

Decorating By alicegop Updated 27 Jun 2008 , 6:39pm by charlieinMO

alicegop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicegop Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 4:07am
post #1 of 9

My scroll technique... stinks! Does anyone have a word document or PDF of some pretty scrolls that I can practice? I'll happily sit with a bag of frosting and practice doing scrollwork for hours, but my practicing freehand just isn't working!
LL

8 replies
2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 4:33am
post #2 of 9

I use put a bunch of you tube videos on cake ideas...dont know if I had one on scrolls there...but I usally look in you tube and type it in different ways and I find what Im looking for.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:05pm
post #3 of 9

The Wilton website has patterns from all the old pattern books. Many of them are scrolls.
http://www.wilton.com/recipes/patternlocator/index.cfm
Just click say, the 1977 pattern book; then search; and they all pop up!

alicegop Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:11pm
post #4 of 9

Cool! Thanks 7yyrt for the link!

I've been searching google and not finding anything. I know a lady who was taking a cake class and she had sheets of a bunch of different papers to practice scrolls........... I'm hoping to find something like this too! icon_smile.gif

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 5:01pm
post #5 of 9

Seems like I have seen some in the templates section in the gallery. I'll try and find some.

charlieinMO Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 5:10pm
post #6 of 9
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 5:40pm
post #7 of 9

Are you using and imprinter on the cake? And then just tracing over the imprint with icing?

alicegop Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 6:34pm
post #8 of 9

Those are great! THANK YOU!!!

I have the imprinters... and they work good, but I would like to learn to do them freehand.....

charlieinMO Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 6:39pm
post #9 of 9

You are welcome! I need to do the same thing! My friends daughter asked me to do her wedding cake and she wanted scrolls all over it!! I almost cried!! lol But it ended up ok. Not beautiful or great but not awful either. Guess I need to practice practice!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%