My First Time Working W/ Mmf

Decorating By mom2leelee Updated 27 Jun 2008 , 12:12pm by gottabakenow

mom2leelee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2leelee Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:47am
post #1 of 6

Actually it's my first time working w/ any type of fondant. I felt froggy so I made a batch of MMF using Rhonda's recipe. It turned out a little gummy feeling but since I've never handled any other type of fondant I have nothing to base it on.

I made doctored chocolate cake mix w/ strawberry cream filling. Iced it w/ bc icing and then attached fondant polka dots. All constructive criticism is welcome.
LL
LL

5 replies
SweetPea0613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPea0613 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 4:13am
post #2 of 6

It looks so cute!!! For your first time with MMF you did a good job!! I love the polka dots!![/i]

mom2leelee Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 4:16am
post #3 of 6

Thanks! I tried a different bc recipe and I just could not get that stuff to get a nice crust so I couldn't smooth it very well. It stormed here tonight so that might have had something to do w/ it.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 6:23am
post #4 of 6

It's very cute!

If you have some leftover fondant, you can try making duff-style roses...cut three circles, put them in a line with the edges overlapping, roll them up, and then cut the roll in half, and you get two fondant roses icon_biggrin.gif

mom2leelee Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 11:56am
post #5 of 6

Thanks for the tip. I have quite a bit left over. I halved the recipe but still had leftovers.

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 12:12pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

It's very cute!

If you have some leftover fondant, you can try making duff-style roses...cut three circles, put them in a line with the edges overlapping, roll them up, and then cut the roll in half, and you get two fondant roses icon_biggrin.gif

oh thanks! i was wondering that. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%