Bought Way Too Much Bettercreme!!! How Do I Store It???!!!

Decorating By cohenandlillysmom Updated 27 Jun 2008 , 2:11am by mushbug9

cohenandlillysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cohenandlillysmom Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 1:57am
post #1 of 3

Oh someone please help! I needed bettercreme to frost my experimental "Hot Chocolate Cupcakes" (I couldnt get them to taste a whole lot like hot chocolate but they had marshamallows in them).

So when I called my supplier to order some bettercreme they ended up giving me a 15# pail of it! I only needed to frost 24 cupcakes! What in the world do I do with the rest? The whole pail was thawed in the fridge, can I put it back in the freezer? Or do I only have 14 days to use it???

I sure hope that someone has good news... please help?!?!

2 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:01am
post #2 of 3

Handling instructions for Rich's Bettercreme:

http://tinyurl.com/yt4eyu

However, if it was me..... Rather than just tossing the excess Bettercreme, I would try refreezing. (If it doesn't work out - you were going to have to toss it anyway.....)

If you received the bucket frozen, (next time) you might want to remove enough for your project (and let thaw) and return the rest either in the original bucket or more manageable portions to your freezer.

HTH

mushbug9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mushbug9 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:11am
post #3 of 3

Actually I had the same problem. I read (possibly on here) that if you whip it up you can refreeze it. Thats what I ended up doing. It took up quite a few LARGE containers but I tried to portion it to about what I would use for an 8 in cake. Also I have a spare chest freezer that it went into. GL regardless. And BTW if you do decide to refreeze it as is, just make sure the first ccake you make using it is a 6" taster for you and you make it a few days before you plan on using it. That way if anyone will get sick from it, it'll just be you. LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%