Peggy Porschen Books, Where Are They???

Decorating By jessfmaldonado Updated 28 Jun 2008 , 3:01am by jessfmaldonado

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 9:26pm
post #1 of 20

Does any one know how I can get my hands on Peggy Porschen's Beautiful Cakes book??? I've been on the internet for the past 2 hours trying to search for this book. Willing to sell your copy?? icon_twisted.gif lol. I just cannot find this book and I want it soooo bad!!! I found her Romantic Cakes book, I will be spending alot in shipping due to the fact its in London. I have just heard so much about this Beautiful Cakes book and I will stop at nothing until I can find one!!! Any help? Ideas?

Thanks
Jessica

19 replies
4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 11:51pm
post #2 of 20

She has "Pretty Party Cakes" and "Romantic Cakes". I'm not aware of a "Beautiful Cakes" book, and her website does not list it. Where did you hear of that book?

4Gifts4Lisa Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 12:02am
post #3 of 20

Huh. I see it now, on Amazon. Weird.

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 12:13am
post #4 of 20

Hi,
I've seen it in Michael's in Augusta, GA & in Manassas, VA, so I hope it is at your local Michael's. I know they let you use your coupons on this as well. HTH

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 1:31am
post #5 of 20

Borders.com should get it for you.

jessfmaldonado Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 1:50am
post #6 of 20

Sorry ladies, I wasn't getting notified of responses. Thanks . I still can't find the Beautiful cakes book. Even on Cakejournal.com there is a review of the book and the comment says IF you can find a copy. icon_cry.gif Ugh, thanks for you help ladies!! I guess I will still keep looking!! I am on a quest lol!! thumbs_up.gif

jessfmaldonado Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 1:53am
post #7 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrig007

Hi,
I've seen it in Michael's in Augusta, GA & in Manassas, VA, so I hope it is at your local Michael's. I know they let you use your coupons on this as well. HTH

Terri are you talking about the Beautiful cakes book or the pretty party cakes book??? Hmmmm, I really would love to know if it is the one I am looking for. It's not at any of the stores around me, I have been looking and calling around. Thanks!!!!!!!

kbgieger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbgieger Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:44am
post #8 of 20

I found it in the bargain books section of our local Barnes & Noble about 6 weeks ago (Mobile, AL).

Karen

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:03am
post #9 of 20

You sure it is not the same as the Pretty Party Cakes book under a different title? Sometimes UK books get published under a new title for the US market. Just a thought.

bobbied Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobbied Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:03am
post #10 of 20

I also found Beautiful Cakes in the bargain books at a Barnes and Noble outside of Atlanta, Ga. Nice markdown price. I was HAPPY!

Bobbie

jessfmaldonado Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:22am
post #11 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakingGirl

You sure it is not the same as the Pretty Party Cakes book under a different title? Sometimes UK books get published under a new title for the US market. Just a thought.

Bakinggirl, that is a good thought. Has me thinking. I don't know. I guess what I can find out is if anyone who has both books or just has the Pretty party cakes if it has the same cake inside as the cake on the cover of the Beautiful cakes book.
Here is the link of the Beautiful Cakes book :
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0760791791/?tag=cakecentral-20

Here is the link on CakeJournal.com:
http://astore.amazon.com/cakejoucom-20/detail/0760791791

In cakejournal it says beautiful cakes is her second book. And then there is Romantic cakes :
http://www.peggyporschen.com/peggysbook.htm

I don't know, I think I'm confused now lol.
Thanks everyone for you help!!!

Daddycakes70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daddycakes70 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:36am
post #12 of 20

I bought mine from www.barnesandnoble.com, but I looked and they no longer have it. I believe the Beautiful Cakes book is the same book as Romantic Cakes. The rose cake on the cover is in the Beautiful Cakes book. I looked on amazon.co.uk and the cover on the paperback version of Romantic cakes is the same as the Beautiful Cakes book.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1844006298/?tag=cakecentral-20

4Gifts4Lisa Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:40am
post #13 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddycakes70

I bought mine from www.barnesandnoble.com, but I looked and they no longer have it. I believe the Beautiful Cakes book is the same book as Romantic Cakes. The rose cake on the cover is in the Beautiful Cakes book. I looked on amazon.co.uk and the cover on the paperback version of Romantic cakes is the same as the Beautiful Cakes book.

That is so weird, b/c I had my mom pick up the Romantic Cakes book for me when she was in the UK last summer...it had not been released in the states yet. It does NOT have the Beautiful Cakes cover.

I sent an email to Peggy via her webpage...maybe I will hear back and she can enlighten all of us!

jessfmaldonado Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:40am
post #14 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddycakes70

Oh my goodness, Daddycakes70 you have saved me from my insanity!!! I thought I was going nuts!!! Thank you soooo much!!! Okay the quest can end now. hehe. I feel crazy now.

Thank you to all of you who tried to help me!!!!

Jessica

Going out to buy Peggy's TWO books now!! hehe. icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

jessfmaldonado Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:43am
post #15 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Gifts4Lisa

That is so weird, b/c I had my mom pick up the Romantic Cakes book for me when she was in the UK last summer...it had not been released in the states yet. It does NOT have the Beautiful Cakes cover.

I sent an email to Peggy via her webpage...maybe I will hear back and she can enlighten all of us!

Thanks 4Gifts4Lisa, I posted my post I guess before I saw yours. Your so smart to email her directly, I didn't think of that!! hehe. I'm just not with it today. Hopefully we can find out what is going on!! Thank you again!

Jessica

jessfmaldonado Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:46am
post #16 of 20

By the way, the whole reason I want to find that book is because of the Cover cake. I really would like to try it!!

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:57am
post #17 of 20

Hi, they are the SAME book but with different covers and title (Romantic Cakes and Beautiful Cakes), one for America and one for the UK. I got mine at Barnes and Noble for $12. I believe they no longer sell it at that store.

Also, try Amazon Canada before you try UK. Shipping is way more afordable and they have a great variaty.

Now, for Pretty Party Cakes, go to Michael's. At the Wilton section.

Good Luck! icon_smile.gif

Check it out! http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/702-6324711-3658416?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=peggy+porschen

flowermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flowermom Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 4:25am
post #18 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefgaby

Hi, they are the SAME book but with different covers and title (Romantic Cakes and Beautiful Cakes), one for America and one for the UK. I got mine at Barnes and Noble for $12. I believe they no longer sell it at that store.

Also, try Amazon Canada before you try UK. Shipping is way more afordable and they have a great variaty.

Now, for Pretty Party Cakes, go to Michael's. At the Wilton section.

Good Luck! icon_smile.gif

Check it out! http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/702-6324711-3658416?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=peggy+porschen

Gaby is right, the Romantic Cakes is the UK Version and the Beautiful Cakes is the US version, unfortunately out of print now. I was lucky to get a copy back in November from B&N on their discount table. I used a 50% coupon at Micheals to get her Pretty Party Cakes book. It was almost $30, and the discount was a blessing!

You might also like this book Sweet & Simple Party Cakes
by Mae Clee Cadman. Her style is similar to Peggy's, and she takes one idea and gives it a couple of different looks. It's also available at Amazon. It might be a good alternative if you can't get the other one.

Sandi princess.gif

4Gifts4Lisa Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:44pm
post #19 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowermom

by Mae Clee Cadman. Her style is similar to Peggy's, and she takes one idea and gives it a couple of different looks. It's also available at Amazon. It might be a good alternative if you can't get the other one.

Sandi princess.gif

I ordered this book from Barnes and Noble as soon as it was available. They ship FAST. It's a great book! I like Peggy's better, but the styles really are very similar.

jessfmaldonado Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:01am
post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Gifts4Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowermom

Sandi princess.gif

I ordered this book from Barnes and Noble as soon as it was available. They ship FAST. It's a great book! I like Peggy's better, but the styles really are very similar.

Thanks for this suggestion ladies!! I picked that book up through my cook book club. I can't wait to get it!! I also saw on the canadian amazon site that the paperback cover is coming out July 1. It is the romantic book title with the beautiful book cover. So I guess they are the same book. I will be getting it when it is available!!! Thank you so much to everyone, for all your help!!!! I guess this mystery has been solved!! hehe. icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Jessica

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%