Help!adding Roses To The Sides Of Cakes W/o Toothpicks

Decorating By Sonja2008 Updated 28 Jun 2008 , 4:17am by indydebi

Sonja2008 Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 8:09pm
post #1 of 4

Any ideas how to do this? Do you all think I could use royal icing picks? Will they hold under the buttercream? I do not want a thousand toothpicks, please help! icon_eek.gif

3 replies
sandygirl Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:42am
post #2 of 4

What is the cake iced in? If it is BC and the roses are BC or RI , then a dollop of BC will do the trick.

hellie0h Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:57am
post #3 of 4

Just guessing here, I would think like sandygirl stated, the buttercream "glue" would work especially if you started from the bottom and worked your way up the side of the cake. By doing that, it gives the next layer up something to "sit" on and should not slide. Best of luck.

indydebi Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 4:17am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellie0h

Just guessing here, I would think like sandygirl stated, the buttercream "glue" would work especially if you started from the bottom and worked your way up the side of the cake. By doing that, it gives the next layer up something to "sit" on and should not slide. Best of luck.

Exactly.

I use BC only ... for icing, for borders, for basketweave, for roses.

Let them air-dry (do not freeze). This eliminates the moisture, which makes them lighter.

I have never used toothpicks or anything to hold my roses in place. Just a blop of BC icing on the back of the rose. Usually I use green icing to blend in with the green BC leaves.

Here's a pic of one I made: http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=750403 No slide-offs.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%