Perfect Recipe For Bc Roses?

Decorating By yummymummy Updated 27 Jun 2008 , 10:13am by yummymummy

yummymummy Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 5:28pm
post #1 of 6

Okay, I'm sick of my bc roses coming out w/ jagged edges! My bc is either too soft and they don't hold their shape, or too stiff. I can't seem to get a happy medium. icon_mad.gif Does anyone have a fail proof recipe for roses? Is there a pre made icing that works better? Any help would be sooo appreciated!

5 replies
mcdonald Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 5:54pm
post #2 of 6

I think that as long as the icing is stiff enough, it shouldn't cause a problem. Could it be too soft?? Is your tip damaged in anyway?? I have use a few different recipes for buttercream, depending on temp and humidity and I rarely have problems but I have to get my icing just right. I also had a problem with a tip closed up and was giving me troubles... so you might want to check that

heavenlyfire Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 7:07pm
post #3 of 6

if anyone has more tips, I am also looking for this...my roses look more like carnations, the edges are so cracked and wavy! I think it is from my frosting being too stiff and moving too slowly - but I don't know...help?

yummymummy Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 7:23pm
post #4 of 6

My tips are new, so no imperfections there. It seems like when I think my icing is the right condistancy, it ends up being too stiff because it's hard to squeeze out of the decorating bag. Then I'll thin it just a bit, and it's too thin and the petals just droop. uggh, I'm so frustratied. I'm ready to give up on the roses. icon_mad.gif

SeriousCakes Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 4:01am
post #5 of 6

I think mine works pretty well:

Hope this helps! icon_smile.gif

yummymummy Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 10:13am
post #6 of 6

thanks for posting your videos! Your bc looks like the perfect consistancy. I'll have to try it! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%