What Cake(S) Are You Working On Today?

Decorating By bambuf Updated 29 Jun 2008 , 2:48pm by bambuf

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 12:18am
post #31 of 97

I've just put my WASC layers in the freezer for a Cinderella castle cake (10" & 6 " tiers) for my neighbor's 5 year old's party this Saturday. I've readied my turret's spires and after a very humid week here, I'm hoping that my fondant towers get dry enough to support the spires. The fondant flowers are all punched out and the flags are drying! Hoping it all comes together on Saturday morning!

becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 12:18am
post #32 of 97

not to offend anyone but i am doing 17 mini man part cakes for a bacholorette party....decorating tonight in about a half hour....and baking 40 sweet sixteen cupcakes for saturday!!!!! and next week i am baking a 14'/12/10'/6' for a castle cake for my 5year old niece/goddaughter that we are having the hugest princess party for...plus 12 mini princess!!!! PINK EVERYTHING!!!! i am super excited about this party!!!! it will be the princess party i never had!!!!! my daughter is so not girly...she just turned 14 and is so blah....and my sister is exactly the same as my daughter so as you can see my niece had no choice but to come to me for her party to be done right!!!!! hahahahaha!!!

SpringFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpringFlour Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 12:31am
post #33 of 97

Until today, I hadn't baked anything for more than 2 weeks. Appalling, I know. icon_razz.gif Today I baked a batch of cupcakes to take on a MOPS leadership retreat this weekend. Mmmm. Darn Good Chocolate with mint chips instead of chocolate and mint buttercream and Darn Good with Coffee added and Mocha buttercream. I'm looking forward to eating those! I will decorate tonight.

SweetArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetArt Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 12:47am
post #34 of 97

This weekend I am doing this wedding cake again. http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1206466.html I also have 400 wedding mints and a 2 tiered spring flowers cake with 2 dozen cupcakes.

After this I am cake free for 3 weeks!!! I'm going on vacation and then to ICES! But when I get back I'm slammed with 3-5 weddings a weekend through August.

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:14am
post #35 of 97

Sweetart! thumbs_up.gif What a beautiful wedding cake!!! I LOVE it!!! icon_lol.gif

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:16am
post #36 of 97

Me... well this weekend I'm icing my butt up with some aloe ... LONG story LOL.... then I have to put together 2 cakes by next Thursday ... but no orders for this weekend... might bake tomorrow though and freeze the cakes... talk about moist!! icon_smile.gif

cakebaker111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker111 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:07am
post #37 of 97

Tonight i'm doing cake central. Last night i baked for the week. Tomorrow, is another story, i have a 2-layer 9x13 tinkle bell, a high school musical full sheet cake, a 9x13 with a race car on top, a grey goose sculptured half sheet cake, 12" regular birthday cake and a tripple layer square cake with winnie the pooh sitting on top with a present. every weekend it's the same until ICES. I'm taking that entire week off.

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:17am
post #38 of 97

I am doing a 4 tier cheesecake wedding cake.
so far it's turning out alright...my first one. oh, and it's square. with 3 additional 10" cheesecakes, yep square also.
then we have two other wedding cakes and a couple birthday cakes.

I am slammed this month, next month not as much, then Aug. slammed again.
I'm ready for a weekend off, but I wouldn't know what to do with myself!

melody

jolmk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jolmk Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:54am
post #39 of 97

I'm working on my first fondant/sculpted(sp?) cake. It's a diaper bag thats designed after a coach tote. Made gumpaste rattle, bottle, duckie and a ring of keys to go with it. Also have a 3 tier anniversary cake thats loaded with gumpaste roses, one is for Sat, one for Sun, both bought by the same person. Starting to get a little nervous, but I'll make it I always do.

Jo

ncandanoza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncandanoza Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:19pm
post #40 of 97

Tonight, I have to deliver a cake like this:
http://www.mimiscakes.com/tati.html

I've already baked and iced it, I just need to dip the strawberries in chocolate, last night I made the handmade marshmallows, and dipped them in chocolate! Its for a girls sweet sixteen party. I'll be going to buy the strawberries in a little while.

CoutureCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCakeCreations Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:36pm
post #41 of 97

I am working on a 3 tiered wedding cake with peach scrollwork and gumpaste rose sprays on all 3 tiers topped with a peach gumpaste bow. I will be finished tonight and will post a pic when done.

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:37pm
post #42 of 97

I have a one year old birthday.....the cake is the number one.....fondant butterfly, bees & flowers all in bright pinks, purples, yellow and blues. And smash cake will be a small bee hive.

bambuf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bambuf Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:38pm
post #43 of 97

I bow to all of you cake divas who are working this weekend! icon_smile.gif I am finished with cakes until the 1st when I do a cake for my father's birthday. (I am traveling out of town to do this one.) I am nowhere near as busy as most of you, but I still get giddy every time someone calls me to ask if I would make them a cake. I know it sounds corny, but it feels like such an honor. Mostly I love it, though, because I get to try out new techniques and make new cakes that I have never done before. Someday (when the three kids are older) perhaps I will be turning people away because I am so busy! For now, though, I will settle with teaching cake decorating at my local hobby store and dreaming of being as good as the Bronwens and Colettes out there...

charman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charman Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:44pm
post #44 of 97

Well, currently I am at my full-time job, but hoping to leave by 3 pm to head home and start icing all 17 of the cakes I baked last night...have 2 wedding cakes tomorrow...one is 6/8/10/12 and the other is 6/8/10 with an extra 8 and a 9x13 sheet cake for anniversary cake. Then on Sunday I have a birthday cake (not baked yet), and on Monday a baby shower cake! I sat down last night, and realized I had used a little over 3 1/2 dozen eggs in less than 4 hours...wow! Say a prayer...a few first for me this weekend. 3 pm won't get here fast enough! Thanks!

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:44pm
post #45 of 97

I'm decorating my cousins graduation cake today. It's in the fridge with the crumb coat on. I still don't know how exactly I'm going to decorate it. icon_eek.gif . I didn't think that much ahead of time on it. Plus I work full time third shift, and my 2 year old is sick. My cakes usually turn out good, even when I don't plan ahead. Of course I'm my worst critic. Stay sane everyone!

gandelmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gandelmom Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:49pm
post #46 of 97

I'm working on frosting 6" cakes and an 8" demonstration cake for a cake party for this afternoon. My partner and I do cake parties for showers,
birthdays, sweet sixteens etc.

cuteums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cuteums Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:50pm
post #47 of 97

I'm working on a blackjack table for my Father in law's birthday tomorrow. I am procrastinating right now by being on CC (it's hot and sticky outside and I don't want to turn the oven on) but I'll get it done. I have to bake and decorate today. I always leave it till the last minute. Thanks to other CCers's on here for inspiration.

I am jealous of all of you who have real orders. I still can't figure out how to be legal in my area. The health dept. even gives you a hard time with renting space in someone's kitchen. I don't want to, but I am ready to give up. Sorry, OT, I know but thanks for letting me vent for a minute. I'm going to get to work now!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:50pm
post #48 of 97

I just posted one of 5 but I only took photos of 3..The other 2 are simple ones.. Here is one..

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1237413&done=1

bambuf Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:52pm
post #49 of 97

17 cakes and a full time job...I am in awe!

charman Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:57pm
post #50 of 97

Bambuf...my husband and I call it insanity, but thanks!

This weekend got a little out of hand...the 2nd wedding cake I took on was suppose to be small...now 3 tier, extra cake, and an anniversary sheet cake.

Then the other 2 came about because I said, well, already have the mess, what is another one...and another one.

I am hoping to quit this job and do baking full-time in about a year (if I live that long), so I look at it as, build the business now so when I do decide to quit...I have a good client base!

It's fun, I enjoy it, but yes, it can be alot sometimes. Already did 140 monogram cookie favors at the first of this week.

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:57pm
post #51 of 97

Today I'm decorating a 6 and 8" replica of two of the tiers from the heavily decorated, ivory Edwardian cake in Colette's wedding cakes, for a 50th anniversary tomorrow. I've done the same cake before, so it'll be fun to do it again. I'll post the pic when it's done.

2 weddings next weekend (bleh--decorating ON the 4th?) and one each the next two weekends after that, then I'm pretty free for the summer. icon_smile.gif

angelcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakes5 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:58pm
post #52 of 97

I am on cake 3, 4, and 5 of this week. I am having a surprise 30th bday for my husband tomorrow. I made him a mounted deer head. I have to finish it tomorrow. I am also making an eclair cake - creampuff - sugar free since my husband is a diabetic. And then I have a triple chocolate cake for tomorrow too! Hopefully everything goes smoothly!

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:02pm
post #53 of 97

Birthday cake for a 14 year old girl

bambuf Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:06pm
post #54 of 97

charman,

You are wise to do this way...but I can't help it...I am still in awe!

jessieb578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessieb578 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:22pm
post #55 of 97

charman are you a nut?? icon_surprised.gif 17 cakes?? Geez I work full time too and was stressed with 8 cakes this weekend. The kids do help by keeping busy themselves which is great!

I'm doing 1 Fireman's services cake - replica of fireman's hat - that's the fun one this weekend. Then 1 birthday cake for 9 year old and 6 graduation cakes.

I was up until 2 a.m. and then back at my ft. job at 8 a.m., then back to cakin' at 4:00 p.m......the party just never stops icon_lol.gif

TandTHarrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TandTHarrell Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:33pm
post #56 of 97

I just finished these two....
LL
LL
LL

staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:38pm
post #57 of 97

i'm working on a 2-tiered garden theme for my cousin's daughter. 9" round chocolate cake at the bottom with a 6" round WASC cake at the top...lost of fondant daisies with stems around the base of each cake with rope borders.

planning to top it off with a RKT ladybird and some fondant butterflies and bumblebees.

charman Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:38pm
post #58 of 97

I guess I better clarify...I meant 17 cake LAYERS...so sorry. No, I am not that dumb! I'm stressing with these as is...they make up 2 total wedding cakes, an extra cake in case not enough, and an anniversary cake. I still have 4 more layers to bake for 2 other orders, but that's tomorrow...enough in my kitchen now to deal with as is.
Glad you think I am superwoman, but no, I should have typed 17 layers instead of cakes...sorry for the confusion.

bambuf Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:43pm
post #59 of 97

charman,

I knew what you were talking about. I still think you are a super hero! I don't think I have that kind of energy these days.

trent,

Your cakes are wonderful...Speed Racer was one of my favorite shows when I was a kid.

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:49pm
post #60 of 97

Starting last night with the baking, I made the "buns" for a set of hamburgers for my BF's party tomorrow night and I baked and iced a cake for a flag cake for our family reunion Sunday.

Now I just need to make the "hamburger patties" and finish the hamburgers and make the stars and drape for my flag cake.

Oh, and I have to make the 3 hour drive home with all the unfinished stuff without anything happening to it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%